Moschino - Cotton twill pleated skirt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Moschino - Cotton twill pleated skirt

Post by Coder »

https://www.simons.com/en/men-designer/ ... 8QyGx0eT8Q

Been trawling product results as news articles have slowed down a bit. Here’s a men’s skirt that is on sale - such a deal!

I’m going to call this designer out for the - pardon my language - bs:
Jeremy Scott is renowned for his boldness and unique and creative fashion that makes Moschino stand out every season. He designed a unique piece in contemporary menswear with this cotton black skirt featuring accordion pleating and a flawless drape.
Designed? Not trying to be rude, but this is basically a very standard design for a pleated skirt. In fact, you can probably find the same thing with a sane price tag in the women’s aisle. I’m morbidly curious if the pants are part of the kit, or if they cost an extra $1K.

I seriously think I need to start my own company and just retag all the skirts and badge them as “men’s’, though I worry about the legality of said business model.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Moschino - Cotton twill pleated skirt

Post by Faldaguy »

by Coder » Sun May 28, 2023 9:22 pm

https://www.simons.com/en/men-designer/ ... 8QyGx0eT8Q

Been trawling product results as news articles have slowed down a bit. Here’s a men’s skirt that is on sale - such a deal!

I’m going to call this designer out for the - pardon my language - bs:....

I seriously think I need to start my own company and just retag all the skirts and badge them as “men’s’, though I worry about the legality of said business model.
Thank you Coder for the smile! :)
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Moschino - Cotton twill pleated skirt

Post by denimini »

Coder wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 3:22 am Designed? Not trying to be rude, but this is basically a very standard design for a pleated skirt. In fact, you can probably find the same thing with a sane price tag in the women’s aisle.
I have probably flicked past similar skirts in thrift shops.
Coder wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 3:22 am I’m morbidly curious if the pants are part of the kit, or if they cost an extra $1K.
Probably all one piece and should be called peplum pants.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia