Latex

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
steamman

Latex

Post by steamman »

Anyone ever worn or considered wearing latex skirts or dresses? I am intrigued and would love to try it. It looks incredible.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Latex

Post by moonshadow »

A quick Google images search....

I'm afraid THAT would likely be considered to "appeal to a prurient interest".

Indeed, it is the choice of clothing for many drag queens.

Probably not a good idea.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Hi Steamman

yes I have worn latex - not many times - I have worn a catsuit several times, last time was to a fetish-ball a few years back (pre-covid).
I don't have any skirts in latex.

I was given the catsuit, but I did subsequently buy a latex corset inspired top that I wear occasionally.

Too much latex = fetish connotations and not really for normal wear in my opinion.

Latex is a fiddle to get into a fitted garment - not very wearer-friendly in that sense, and in the likes of a tighter garment you need to be mindful of the latex gauge and make sure your garment is quality/will last.

The shiny look is quite neat - but it is very figure revealing - so be prepared to be on display.

NZF
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

I have never been invited to the sort of occasion where a latex dress would be considered appropriate wear! (Perhaps you might get away with it on the local Pride march, but I don't think my wife would be a happy bunny if I tried it...)
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

The only "latex" I wear is gloves when cleaning or doing something that
I don't want my hands to get dirty, sticky or glued together. :oops:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Latex rubber gloves is the only thing I wear and that's to keep latex paint off of my hands.

Sorry it's nothing I have ever tried nor is it not anything that I think I would care to try. Generally I m not a fan of synthetics. I'm Not saying that I don't have any, I do but they are probably around 10 percent of my skirts. Often times they can be hot and clingy, or I don't care for the texture, sometimes they are prone to snagging.
Even the thought of a leather skirt is not appealing, seems like it would be sticky and hot and clingy. I don't even like t shirts have have a blend of poly, or nylon.
I'm perfectly fine with cotton fabric for my outer and underwear.

Then in support of my suspicions about toxins in synthetics, recently had this come across one of my news feeds. All things that I do not wear and glad I don't.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/17/business ... index.html
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
Mouse
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mouse »

I have made and worn latex. To date I have made a large circle skirt, a leotard and some stockings. I did wear the whole outfit to a fetish market. More recently I mixed the skirt with normal T-shirt, stockings and DM heels. I took this outfit on the tube to visit the London erotic art show in the OXO gallery on the south bank. I think the circle skirt is a great introduction to latex, since it is simple to make and very easy to wear.
Daily, a happy man in a skirt...
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

steamman wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 5:33 pm Anyone ever worn or considered wearing latex skirts or dresses? I am intrigued and would love to try it. It looks incredible.
I picture latex as being medical grade material found in as others have noted gloves.

Maybe you are making reference to a type of polyester fabric imitating i.e. leather ?
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
stephanie53

Post by stephanie53 »

I have a wide range of latex clothing, ranging from skirts, kilts, to catsuits and love them all. It is a natural product. It requires care when dressing. talc or silicone as a dressing aid. It dose need to be sized correctly, and does have a bit of stretch to it. It comes in various weights(thicknesses) from 25mm to 1 mm. Most common ranges are 25 & 40mm, and a variety of colors. Most of the latex on the market from china is crap. Buy from a reputable maker like Simon, libidex, westward bound
stephanie53

Post by stephanie53 »

folsom 1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

stephanie53 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:24 pm 25mm to 1 mm. Most common ranges are 25 & 40mm, and a variety of colors.
According to my calculations, 25 mm is about an inch thick. Was that supposed to be .25 mm?
stephanie53

Post by stephanie53 »

You are correct sorry
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

A warning note:

This thread, although interesting as it may be, is tangenting off into fetishness,
which is forbidden at Skirt Cafe'.

Maybe this thread should die out and not be brought up again.
Otherwise, the Admin Staff may need to lock this thread.

So, let us show some courtesy for the primary goals of Skirt Cafe'
and not make any further posts to this thread.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :santa: :megreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)