Summer dress

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Summer dress

Post by rode_kater »

shadowfax wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 6:46 am I wore a dress again. Exactly the same style as in my earlier post but in a navy blue colour.
Navy Half-Zip Funnel Neck Sweat Dress.jpg
This time I wore black tights (pantyhose) and some medium height, strappy stiletto heels.
The heels have a strap across the instep and at the ankle, so very secure to walk in.
The same medium-sized shoulder bag as before.
That's really neat. My problem with many dresses is that the neckline is really low, but when there's a zip involved the problem goes away.

And I've now discovered that polo dresses with buttons for the neck also exist. Neat.
shadowfax wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 6:46 am During the conversation it became clear to me that she assumed that I was homosexual because of the way that I was dressed.
I explained that I just enjoyed fashion freedom and that I was heterosexual.
One down, millions to go :)
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

The gay guys I know wouldn’t be caught dead in a dress
dressedbrewer

Post by dressedbrewer »

Lots of clothing envy today in the lovely weather when seeing all the lovely dresses being worn.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

shadowfax wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 6:46 am she assumed that I was homosexual because of the way that I was dressed.
Anyone who has any knowledge of the LGBTQ community or general human sexuality would know this is wrong.
However that little nugget will be with us for a long time to come yet.
Skirted men just aren't seen as masculine and it will likely take that to happen for the "gay" notion to disappear.
Before anyone says otherwise, Scottish Kilts and gladiator outfits do not count.
Steve.
jamodu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamodu »

Being slim built, I have at least a dozen Dresses (size 14 &16), and they suit me well. Price wise, to justify their higher price, I think of them being a Skirt with matching Top.

In the Summer months, my Wife will often ask me to wear my ‘Tropical Dress’ (Warehouse brand) alongside my ‘Hotter’ Sandals - as she likes the way I look (even without wearing Tights or Stockings).

In the colder months, when I’m wearing Tights with Skirts or Dresses, she will often check me out - as she thinks my Legs with a Skirt or Dress looks better on me than on her. Amusingly, she claims that other Women would be envious of my legs.

Maybe, in the wider world, Women would get a thrill on Men who wear Skirts and Tights/Pantyhose.
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

jamodu wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:56 pm
In the Summer months, my Wife will often ask me to wear my ‘Tropical Dress’ (Warehouse brand) alongside my ‘Hotter’ Sandals
Hm. I had a quick look at the Warehouse range: they have some nice midi length dresses (and some nice mini dresses that I wouldn't dare...).

I am amused at how they, like many websites, firmly label the section "Dresses for Women", as though trying to protect them from ravaging males. Do they have a section called "Dresses for Men"? Heck, no!
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Myopic Bookworm wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 1:51 pm
I am amused at how they, like many websites, firmly label the section "Dresses for Women", as though trying to protect them from ravaging males. Do they have a section called "Dresses for Men"? Heck, no!
It’s funny they label the dresses as “women’s”. Be like labeling items “men’s jock straps” or “women’s tampons”.
Midas
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Midas »

I think they probably refer to women to differentiate from similar items for girls, not men.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

It's a dress, possession is 9 points of the law.
This is a man's dress, I paid for it after all.
Definitely summery, loose and floaty with not a lot underneath.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

STEVIE wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 5:46 pm It's a dress, possession is 9 points of the law.
Slay!
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Good luck tomorrow. 👍
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Midas wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 5:12 pm I think they probably refer to women to differentiate from similar items for girls, not men.
That has to be the reason. Nicely done. We of course jumped to the wrong conclusion given our vantage point
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Post by shadowfax »

STEVIE wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 5:46 pm It's a dress, possession is 9 points of the law.
The outfit looks good on you Steve.
The long, red cardigan picks up the colour in YOUR dress well.

I hope that the op at the hospital on the 31st goes well.
jamodu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamodu »

My Wife assures me that Women have similar problems buying Dresses in the correct proportions, too.

That is, they might buy a size 14 Skirt, but then buy a size 16 or 18 top. However, a Dress might be size 14 at the top and at the bottom.