Solving a problem regarding modesty

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Solving a problem regarding modesty

Post by moonshadow »

This has been an issue since I started wearing skirts, so much so that it's even found me in pants on certain windy and blustery days, that being the matter of having the wind lift a skirt up unexpectedly. A few times this caught me completely off guard, thankfully I was at home in these situations, but in those cases, the skirt was lifted completely up and I could tell my underwear was completely exposed.

Other tricky places are walking across the crosswalk at places like Walmart and other parking lots, in addition to fuel pumps. For some reason these places seem to draw the most gusty winds. Perhaps it's the lack of natural wind buffers like trees and shrubbery.

Anyway, with the rise of anti-drag and the legislation of ultra "moral extremist", and other groups that love to shame nonconforming people, I was finally motivated to handle the issue.

Yes, I know there are people who say it shouldn't matter... after all, I am wearing underwear, but the bottom line is, in certain areas, hell in all areas that I'm aware of, it's a major taboo for a man or male to expose his bare thighs, even male swimming trunks come to the knee. Men that are seen wearing any kind of thigh hugging "bikini" bottom are subject to extreme cultural scrutiny and possible legal ramifications. Men are allowed to show bare skin from the waist up, but from the waist down, we had better keep it covered.

I don't fancy becoming a permanent resident of a southern prison system, nor do I desire to have to register on a State Sex Offender Registry.. all over a gust of wind. It's also possible that a troublemaker could call the law on me and claim I was flashing little children. It would be my word against theirs, and in matters of sexual accusations regarding men... let's face it, we are guilty until proven innocent.

Enter my solution... imagine the egg of the face of the authorities when I lift my skirt to show not one, but two layers of modest protection. My underwear, AND my most recent addition: my wirarpa Women's Cotton Boy Shorts . I've been wearing these for about three weeks now, and believe it or not, I've actually gotten to where I actually prefer them even in more pleasant circumstances.

The shorts are very stretchy and soft. They hug my skin softly and I quickly forget I'm wearing them at all. They also apply a little extra bit of heat on those cooler blustery days. So culture wars aside, these things are pretty practical for multiple situations. While I still endeavor to hold a skirt down on a stiff breeze, it's nice to know if by accident the skirt gets away from me, I no longer have to worry about unpleasant encounters with the authorities or nosy "Karens".

I know these things are technically considered "underwear", though even the listing has the women models wearing them as outer-wear. Still, I am hoping the mods will give me a little slack on this one particular matter, as these things aren't meant to exaggerate feminine features like breast, nor are they meant to imitate women or put us into "crossdressing" territory. No... the shorts have an actual practical purpose, and while they may never be seen, they may keep you out of jail in certain areas.

Not only that, but it's a sign of respect for the communities that we wear our skirts in. It demonstrates that we are not out to be perverts, and that we are making every effort to not be inappropriate.

They come in multiple colors, however I chose the black color as black is generally best suited for concealing any curves or bulges.

My ranting about right wing zealots aside, I'm really trying to be a considerate citizen here....

Anyway, I just thought I'd share this little review.

Stay safe, stay legal, and stay out of jail friends.

Remember, female flashes are considered cute and funny, male flashes do not represent us well at all, nobody finds that funny.

Please don't be the reason they start passing laws against us....
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Uncle Al

Re: Solving a problem regarding modesty

Post by Uncle Al »

moonshadow wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 5:45 pm This has been an issue since I started wearing skirts, so much so that it's even found me in pants on certain windy and blustery days, that being the matter of having the wind lift a skirt up unexpectedly. A few times this caught me completely off guard, thankfully I was at home in these situations, but in those cases, the skirt was lifted completely up and I could tell my underwear was completely exposed.

Enter my solution... imagine the egg on the face of the authorities when I lift my skirt to show not one, but two layers of modest protection. My underwear, AND my most recent addition: my wirarpa Women's Cotton Boy Shorts .
Thanks for the info to stay "safe" :!:
I know these things are technically considered "underwear", though even the listing has the women models wearing them as outer-wear.
In hot weather, used as "Outer Wear", a person can be 'safe' and comfortable when mowing the yard :D
Not only that, but it's a sign of respect for the communities that we wear our skirts in. It demonstrates that we are not out to be perverts, and that we are making every effort to not be inappropriate.
By all means, YES :!:
Stay safe, stay legal, and stay out of jail friends.

Please don't be the reason they start passing laws against us....
I agree. Don't be our own worst enemy :!:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

moonshadow wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 5:45 pm in all areas that I'm aware of, it's a major taboo for a man or male to expose his bare thighs, even male swimming trunks come to the knee
That's one of those things that many of us Europeans find weird when visiting the US. The first time I went to the local outdoor pool, I became acutely aware that I was the only male person over the age of about 10 wearing what in the UK are quite conventional swimming trunks.

Even here, shorts have got longer in the past couple of decades, and most are now only six inches or so above the knee at the shortest, unless worn as (or imitating) sports kit. Many athletes have taken to wearing shorts under their shorts!
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

@moon that’s basically what I’ve worn since day one wearing skirts. Recently I started getting advertised some on Instagram that have pockets so if wearing a skirt (or dress) without pockets you would have a place to stash a phone/keys/etc… - the skeptical comments by women about how “smart” that is make me LOL, but if accessed discreetly it’s probably a reasonable solution.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

They are going to be very handy when riding a bicycle. Too many times I've had some close calls when the wind lifts a light weight skirt while riding on a bike.

Normally I just had to wear longer, heavier skirts, now I can finally enjoy some of the more light weight and fun skirts while biking around.

If the skirt rides up.. it rides up. No need to fret.

Anyway, the point of my thread was a review of these particular under-shorts. They are not just your typical baggy "boxers", no the are VERY soft and stretchy. They don't seem to ride up and bunch up... They don't pinch your nuts when moving around like some undergarments and leggings tend to do.

They are very comfortable, I have to say... I am impressed.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.