The Beskirted Man

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
gender free universe

The Beskirted Man

Post by gender free universe »

I recently stumbled upon this online magazine, and I must say, the articles are incredibly up-to-date. It's not solely focused on skirts, either.

The man behind "The Beskirted Man "identifies as a bearded, cis, heterosexual man with a feminine side who strongly dislikes toxic masculinity.

Just have a look at the following:
https://www.the-beskirted-man.com/
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: The Beskirted Man

Post by crfriend »

That's a very nice find, GFU. Thanks for that.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Good work GFU. Good look as well.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Love It :!:

Click on the name "How To Dress Masculinely in a Skirt: Part 1", you'll be taken to the full article.
Then, if you scroll down to the Pinterest photo board, and scroll through the pictures, about 1/3
of the way down, you will find our own Mark-as-in-Mark, putting gas in his car.

Many of the photos would work on anyone. Some,to me, are way too short, giving me the impression
of trying to BE a woman. Several of the 'Poses' really turn me off. But, each to their own :|

Over All, a great article :!: I'ld rank it as a 9 out of 10 :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I had to scroll a bit, but I see I made the cut....

A nice photo. I approve. :mrgreen:

There's also a few other members on there as well.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Hmm... We all get a shout out here, with a link to the cafe:

https://www.the-beskirted-man.com/socia ... inded-men/
thebeskirtedman

Post by thebeskirtedman »

Hi everyone,

I am the writer behind The Beskirted Man. Thank you all for the nice comments! I really do appreciate it! :)

I haven't been active here really at all other than a short introduction because I have been concentrating more on preparing content for the blog. I have a very long list of topics I want to write about, but if anyone has any ideas, I'm happy to hear them!

Thanks again!

Best,
Alex
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

thebeskirtedman wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 4:35 pm I have a very long list of topics I want to write about, but if anyone has any ideas, I'm happy to hear them!
Your tagine of promoting femininity into masculinity I find fascinating. We've had some deep and interesting discussions here lately along those lines.

I'd be interested in a deeper dive into your thoughts on the matter.

Women across the board have mostly incorporated masculinity into womanhood, personally I see no reason why men should rebuke the notions of femininity into manhood.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 6:16 pmWomen across the board have mostly incorporated masculinity into womanhood, personally I see no reason why men should rebuke the notions of femininity into manhood.
This is one of the things I've been driving at for quite some time -- especially with the old definitions of "masculinity" and "femininity" being an aggregate of assorted traits, and both of which can be amazingly strong and powerful -- and which each and every human being ought to possess, or be able to.

For instance, never discount the power of the "softer" emotions like love, wistfulness, and empathy -- save that men are seemingly no longer allowed to exhibit those. Rage and lust just don't cut it in the modern world. We need to return to a gentler world where men could be tender and caring -- and that does not mean turning them into ersatz women!
thebeskirtedman

moonshadow wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 6:16 pmYour tagine of promoting femininity into masculinity I find fascinating. We've had some deep and interesting discussions here lately along those lines.

I'd be interested in a deeper dive into your thoughts on the matter.
Absolutely! I've had a lot of thoughts on the matter, some of which I have written about here: https://www.the-beskirted-man.com/skirt ... -of-a-man/, but I think a dedicated post would be an excellent idea.

Essentially, it boils down to the fact that even though I identify as a man, I have always felt like I have a strong feminine side that I repressed for most of my life. So many people (of all genders!) claim that being too "feminine" is not something that real men do. That is something that is (sometimes literally) beaten into young boys by other boys growing up and I think the attitude imposed upon me really hurt my self-development in earlier years. I feel freer now than I ever did before now that I've learned to embrace my more feminine side.

I'm of the opinion though that doing that doesn't make me any less of a man though. In fact, I think it's rather the opposite: the fact that I'm "man enough" to openly admit to myself that I have a feminine side that needs to get out and be expressed is a distinctly masculine trait according to society.
moonshadow wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 6:16 pmWomen across the board have mostly incorporated masculinity into womanhood, personally I see no reason why men should rebuke the notions of femininity into manhood.
They have and I think it's high time that men incorporate more femininity into their manhood!
crfriend wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 7:05 pmFor instance, never discount the power of the "softer" emotions like love, wistfulness, and empathy -- save that men are seemingly no longer allowed to exhibit those. Rage and lust just don't cut it in the modern world. We need to return to a gentler world where men could be tender and caring -- and that does not mean turning them into ersatz women!
Softer emotions are far more important and powerful than "hardass" emotions in my opinion. They are far more subtle and therefore don't get the glory of someone who is raging, but being able to empathize with someone will get you much further in life than only being able to yell at them.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

thebeskirtedman wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:28 amSofter emotions are far more important and powerful than "hardass" emotions in my opinion. They are far more subtle and therefore don't get the glory of someone who is raging, but being able to empathize with someone will get you much further in life than only being able to yell at them.
Indeed, it's the "softer" emotions that one uses to move mountains.
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

A parallel may be done between hard/soft emotions and sprint/jogging. Sprint is spectacular but you're still visible at the end, whereas jogging is boring but can bring you miles away. Hard emotions provoke spectacular behaviours, soft emotions provoke significant behaviours.

Back to the initial thread, I really like the way you write, BestSkirtedMan :-) That's one of the rare websites/articles posted here that I did consult and read
thebeskirtedman

Spirou003 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:02 pm A parallel may be done between hard/soft emotions and sprint/jogging. Sprint is spectacular but you're still visible at the end, whereas jogging is boring but can bring you miles away. Hard emotions provoke spectacular behaviours, soft emotions provoke significant behaviours.
I like it! That's a great analogy!
Spirou003 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:02 pm Back to the initial thread, I really like the way you write, BestSkirtedMan :-) That's one of the rare websites/articles posted here that I did consult and read
Thank you! :)
familyman34
Distinguished Member

Post by familyman34 »

I've been looking through some threads that I must have missed earlier in the year, and I (re)found those by Holger about The Beskirted Man
gender free universe wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:39 pm I recently stumbled upon this online magazine, and I must say, the articles are incredibly up-to-date. It's not solely focused on skirts, either.

The man behind "The Beskirted Man "identifies as a bearded, cis, heterosexual man with a feminine side who strongly dislikes toxic masculinity."

Just have a look at the following:
https://www.the-beskirted-man.com/

And I was especially pleased to read the posts by his wife, Julia - https://www.the-beskirted-man.com/categ ... rspective/ -
that give additional support to Elizabetta and Moonshadow/Andrea's relationship regarding MIS.

This may also provide useful underpinning to Stevie's suggestion:
STEVIE wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:50 pm This is a suggestion which arises from some talk in the Mass Meet Thread and I wonder if our Mod team would give it consideration?
Would it be possible for a "Partners/Significant Others" category to be added to the board?
We know that a fair degree of our members have partners who vary widely in their attitudes toward MIS and maybe it would help if they could share experiences and feelings in a space away from the main forum.

Steve.
Familyman34
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

familyman34 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:57 pmAnd I was especially pleased to read the posts by his wife, Julia - https://www.the-beskirted-man.com/categ ... rspective/ - that give additional support to Elizabetta and Moonshadow/Andrea's relationship regarding MIS.
That's masterful, and touches on all the high points that I went through so many years ago -- and now have to again in an attempt to convince my current lady-friend that I'm in all "sexual" aspects perfectly normal, and she seems resistant to the notion although may be coming 'round as she learns more about me.