West of Sydney

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Grahame

West of Sydney

Post by Grahame »

Blue Mountains actually.
For many years I only had one long white "cheesecloth" skirt that I wore on hot summer days, but over the last two years I've let my fem side express itself. I started talking with my wife about how I'd been looking at skirts to buy. She gave me a couple of hers that no longer fitted her (I'm a size smaller) and then she bought me one. But I prefer the skirts and dresses that I bought myself. More recently I bought some lovely boots and heels. Tried ordering shoes online but that was a disaster, so just had to go into the shops and try them on - some good and bad (funny) experiences trying on women's shoes in store.
I'm happy being a bloke and have a beard and mo, but like comfronting gender norms. Have ventured out quite a few times, without incident. My wife actually prefers me masculine - like the guy she married, but is okay with whatever I choose to wear, and I've found that, despite the gorgeous shoes, I actually prefer to blend clothes from both sides of the aisle, so I like to wear a dress with workboots and a "men's" shirt or jacket.
My motorscooter is being repaired at the moment - nearly an hour away - and I'm looking forward to picking it up and riding it home in stockings (it's getting cool downunder) and skirt with jacket and helmet. I've noticed that I love wearing hose with my boots, rather than thick socks.
I have a good wardrobe now, from a men's kilt to a full length flowery skirt, summer and winter dresses and love all the options rather than simply jeans with a shirt.
Anyway, would love to chat/meet/coffee/dinner with other guys in skirts, so get in touch.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Re: West of Sydney

Post by Barleymower »

Well done Grahame you make it sound so easy. I would meet up if it were not for the 22 hour flight.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Good on you! Sounds like some very useful experience to share with many of those trying to 'come out'.

And you are in a great spot to try many different styles. We stored a vehicle in Springwood; visited the local Quaker Meeting in Woodford; and house-sat for friends in Blackheath a few years back, often skirted and nary a negative. The train to Katoomba is wonderful, but your bike will be more fun--just pick the right season! Looking forward to hearing more.
Faldaguy
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

Welcome to the cafe, there's a few of us from down under that hang out here.
I'm probably about 950 km to your north up in the Brisvegas area of sunny SE QLD.

Good to hear that you're on board with your wife too, it's great to have someone who is OK with your choice around and in life.
TheRod
Distinguished Member

Post by TheRod »

When I lived in Sydney, I hiked many trails and rode many mountain bike single tracks in the Blue Mountains. I was mostly in a deminin miniskirt, sometimes a utility kilts. I never had any issues, but one had to choose the right time to ascend the steep metal stairs.