Purple Rain 20% off sale

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Offkilter69
Distinguished Member

Purple Rain 20% off sale

Post by Offkilter69 »

For anyone who likes the Purple Rain Adventure Skirt line or wants a quality hiking skirt, the small company is running a 20% off sale on skirts and the dress, but not the “kilts”, through 5/23. The checkout code is SBSW20, and it also works on sale items. Free shipping is being offered as well. The discontinued fog gray skirt is $52 out the door.
ScotL
Chatbot

Re: Purple Rain 20% off sale

Post by ScotL »

To those who have tried both the purple rain skirt and kilt. Any difference in sizing?
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

ScotL wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:19 am To those who have tried both the purple rain skirt and kilt. Any difference in sizing?
I had a query about sizing when ordering one last month, and received a quick and helpful reply from Mandy.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

geron wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:28 am
ScotL wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:19 am To those who have tried both the purple rain skirt and kilt. Any difference in sizing?
I had a query about sizing when ordering one last month, and received a quick and helpful reply from Mandy.
Can you share her wisdom?

I know what size I need in her kilt but am curious about what I wear in the skirt. Same?
SkirtedWalker

Post by SkirtedWalker »

I purchase the same size in the skirt and kilt. I like the skirt more than the kilt. I upsized the dress one for my chest measurement.
Offkilter69
Distinguished Member

Post by Offkilter69 »

It’s the same, but keep in mind that the kilt feels different from the skirt due to the drawstring and narrower waistband. The skirt is a little shorter as well. The skirt’s wider waistband doesn’t work quite the same on the male physique. From a recommendation posted here, I bought a yoga pants belt and folded over the waistband to solve the riding down problem if a backpack is not being worn to help keep it up.

That being said, I purchased a second skirt versus another kilt when the last sale was going on. The faux-wrap SKIRT “kilt” is lacking in coverage in my opinion and has a “clumsy” feel to it versus the skirt, if that makes sense. The skirt is not restricting in the least, and just looks and feels better - at least to me. Her gray skirts are already on sale for liquidation at $65. The “kilts” never seem to be on sale and obviously cost more than the skirts. Both are good products, though, albeit a tad pricey, but I like supporting small businesses.
SkirtedWalker

Post by SkirtedWalker »

Offkilter69 wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:07 pm It’s the same, but keep in mind that the kilt feels different from the skirt due to the drawstring and narrower waistband. The skirt is a little shorter as well. The skirt’s wider waistband doesn’t work quite the same on the male physique. From a recommendation posted here, I bought a yoga pants belt and folded over the waistband to solve the riding down problem if a backpack is not being worn to help keep it up.

That being said, I purchased a second skirt versus another kilt when the last sale was going on. The faux-wrap SKIRT “kilt” is lacking in coverage in my opinion and has a “clumsy” feel to it versus the skirt, if that makes sense. The skirt is not restricting in the least, and just looks and feels better - at least to me.
I completely agree on the skirt vs kilt. The dress is best overall for weight, comfort, etc., and it doesn’t require a belt. For the skirt, I do the same - belt and fold over waistband. I use the stretch Arcade belt from REI.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Offkilter69 wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:07 pm
It’s the same, but keep in mind that the kilt feels different from the skirt due to the drawstring and narrower waistband. The skirt is a little shorter as well. The skirt’s wider waistband doesn’t work quite the same on the male physique.
I’ve been enjoying the kilt a lot. I’ve taken ti changing into it for the drive home after work. Been nice. Like the length but know what you mean about the coverage. I guess though I’m still in that “it’s nice to have the ability to snap it and make it seem like shorts”
Offkilter69
Distinguished Member

Post by Offkilter69 »

ScotL wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:02 am I’ve been enjoying the kilt a lot. I’ve taken ti changing into it for the drive home after work. Been nice. Like the length but know what you mean about the coverage. I guess though I’m still in that “it’s nice to have the ability to snap it and make it seem like shorts”
I had to satisfy my curiosity about the “kilt” after initially getting the skirt- for comparison sake. You should do the same, in the opposite way. It’s a win with either product, but you will likely be surprised as to how much more you like the skirt over the “kilt”.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Offkilter69 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:40 am
I had to satisfy my curiosity about the “kilt” after initially getting the skirt- for comparison sake. You should do the same, in the opposite way. It’s a win with either product, but you will likely be surprised as to how much more you like the skirt over the “kilt”.
You’re right but I just feel like I have too many skirts for something I’m still learning to wear more often. But…. Hahaha. Thanks for answering my question, I appreciate it