The 5th Fashion Freedom Fest

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
gender free universe

The 5th Fashion Freedom Fest

Post by gender free universe »

Spreading the word, I would like to point out the Fashion Freedom Fest in Denmark. It is hosted for the 5th time by Dylan Cawthorne, who you might already know from his TED Talk (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbPt5fsDrm0).
More info can be found on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/s/fashi ... 414659353/
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The 5th Fashion Freedom Fest

Post by jamie001 »

Thanks for the excellent YouTube video. It was great, however it would have been even better if he would have discussed adding other feminine accessories with the skirt such as women's shoes, jewelry, pantyhose and nail polish.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

jamie001 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:33 pm Thanks for the excellent YouTube video. It was great, however it would have been even better if he would have discussed adding other feminine accessories with the skirt such as women's shoes, jewelry, pantyhose and nail polish.
Why?
The accessories are not fundamental to the concept of fashion freedom.
They are simply optional extras for the individual to take or leave at will.
I'm just disappointed that I cannot be there in the flesh.
Steve.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

What's stopping you Stevie?
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

STEVIE wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 6:29 pm
jamie001 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:33 pm Thanks for the excellent YouTube video. It was great, however it would have been even better if he would have discussed adding other feminine accessories with the skirt such as women's shoes, jewelry, pantyhose and nail polish.
Why?
The accessories are not fundamental to the concept of fashion freedom.
They are simply optional extras for the individual to take or leave at will.
Exactly! I feel this point cannot be stressed enough. If you (jamie001) like that stuff - fine - wear it - but it's not intrinsic to fashion freedom. I'd like less prescription, less rules. I get encouraged to tuck my shirt in - OK - but why? Even the act of tucking a shirt is just a style choice/preference. I realize there are traditional looks that society has boiled down to a science (rule of thirds, golden ratios, etc....) but at the end of the day none of that matters, wear what you want.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

We are men in skirts not men in drag! I carry a shoulder bag because my skirts do not have pockets, and since I also use a cane to get around it helps by leaving my other hand free. As for the rest, what ever blows up your balloon!!

By the way Jamie where do you hail from?? I am from the great State of South Carolina, in Aiken County.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.