A rather odd medical appointment

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
ScotL
Chatbot

Re: A rather odd medical appointment

Post by ScotL »

Coder wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:32 pm
Barleymower wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:13 pm In my tarten skirt I keep getting asked what clan I'm from. I usually now say with a laugh "I'm not scottish".
Make up a fake clan name, city. Craft an elaborate reason “not many people know because…”
Would be nice to have a “fake” clan name for MIS. Make that the “tartan” is just a skirt. So when someone asks, it’s the X clan’s tartan. Might be fun to come up with clan names for MIS.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

victor1964 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:50 pm Hi Fred, the buses are quite easy to drive, it's other road users that are the problem. They just do not seem to realise the amount of space you need to negotiate London roads. You are probably aware that UK roads are not the widest and down residential roads, where bus routes tend to go, can be rather tight. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Being a big fan of the old BBC TV shows, "Midsummer Murders", "Keeping up Appearances", and the like it is fun to watch how you all drive on those narrow walking paths. :lol:

Driving on the left for me would not be problem and driving with the controls on the right side of the vehicle also would not be a problem. I have driven an old London Taxi. Back a few (45 or so) years ago a friend of mine bought a small fleet of used London Taxis and I got to drive one of them. He got scammed because all he had to go by when he bought them were pictures and the description listed. He thought he was getting a good deal even with the shipping from London Docks to Savannah Ga.
When they arrived and were rolled off the boat they looked like a Million Dollars, They were so shiny and clean. That is until you got up close. They all had over 200K on the clock and the interiors were worn completely out. They ran but most of them were going to need new motors and transmissions. His idea of using them in his cab company went out the window. He did get 4 of them restored back to original condition and used them on occasion but that was all. He sold the rest for scrap metal. He did file a complaint with the "YARD" but never heard any thing back.

Hope you are still doing well!
Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
stephanie53

Post by stephanie53 »

This week I had an appointment with my heart doc. I went in wearing my short kilt. I got a wonderful comment and a conversation from the office manager. She was quite interested in where i got it from. The doc was kinda stocked when he opened the door. I'm sure it was uncomfortable for him, but we got threw it. Was more relaxed near the end. I spent alot of time talking the manager afterwards, and gave her several places to look and buy.

I have now set an appointment for a stress test in a year, and the directions say no dresses or skirts. I've been threw it before, and I'm sure aabove knee skirt would be ok. You do need to have max leg stride for the treadmill. What do others think?
Modoc
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Modoc »

stephanie53 wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:24 pm This week I had an appointment with my heart doc. I went in wearing my short kilt. I got a wonderful comment and a conversation from the office manager. She was quite interested in where i got it from. The doc was kinda stocked when he opened the door. I'm sure it was uncomfortable for him, but we got threw it. Was more relaxed near the end. I spent alot of time talking the manager afterwards, and gave her several places to look and buy.
I have now set an appointment for a stress test in a year, and the directions say no dresses or skirts. I've been threw it before, and I'm sure aabove knee skirt would be ok. You do need to have max leg stride for the treadmill. What do others think?
I've seen some people do some pretty amazing things in skirts and dresses. There must be some reason why that rule is in place. I would ask someone about why the rule is there and probably raise a small objection based on purely practical arguments.
“And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
― Anaïs Nin
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I have a stress test due on the 11th of this month. And they did not say anything about not wearing a dress or skirt. I will be wearing a skirt and top for the test. I will not be doing the treadmill but will be using the chemical method.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Post by shadowfax »

Maybe someone turned up for a treadmill heart stress test, wearing a tight, pencil skirt.
That would tend to restrict one's stride?
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Can you show up in your skirt of choice, and bring along a pair of shorts (or wear shorts underneath)? That way, if the tech gets all huffy, you could just say, “just give me a sec, I brought a pair of shorts”.
stephanie53

Post by stephanie53 »

I received in the mail today the written copy of what is needed for the echo treadmill test. A list of meds I don't take, day of test no eating or drinking after midnight, alist if your current meds, wear comfortable clothing suitable for exercising, no sandales, flip flops, heels. and no perfume, colognes.

comfortable clothing to me is a dress or skirt. A dress is out because they need to attach electrodes to you. So it looks like a skirt is in order :D YIPPY, though I think my 15" mini skirt is out of the question as it's above the finger tip rule, by about 3" Thoughts and suggestion please. The doc is the only 1 that's seen me in my kilt, so far.

I never thought I'd ever be excited to take this test, but now I kinda am!
e2k2houck

Post by e2k2houck »

I had to have a stress test a couple years ago. Again was told to wear comfortable clothes that I could walk/run in. So of course I wore one of the skirts that I go hiking in, plenty of freedom of leg movement. The technician was a woman. So after getting ready for the test, all wired up and face mask to monitor O2 and CO2 levels the test started. After the test was done and talking she asked if I was Scottish. I knew what she was really asking. So we talked about it for a few minutes. She complemented me on wearing it and said she wondered why more men don't wear skirts/kilts.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Last week I had an appointment with an ophthamologist and wore a mini skirt as usual. Waiting rooms are always a bit of a challenge sitting in a mini skirt with people around with nothing much to occupy their minds. I put my shoulder bag on my lap and spent time on my Japanese language app. It is quite fun really as new people come in and assume that I am wearing shorts until I stand up.
One thing I had not counted on was when I was seated in front of the doctor and he asked me to put my legs apart so he could wheel the stand in close holding the equipment to check my eyes. Lucky I didn't wear a pencil skirt and lucky he was only working at eye level.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

denimini wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:08 pm One thing I had not counted on was when I was seated in front of the doctor and he asked me to put my legs apart so he could wheel the stand in close holding the equipment to check my eyes.
One of the reasons I do not wear a mini-skirt to the doctors office!!! I always wear at least a slightly below the knee length skirt.