Full of confidence

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Full of confidence

Post by Barleymower »

It's a tricky path to tread. I want my kids to follow their own path and like a good shepard I guide them back to safety.
At least that's the theory. In practice it's a mixture of good decisions / bad choices.
My youngest is also into steam punk so has some other choice items. Anyway he arrived a breakfast in this outfit:
Screenshot_20230501_204736_Gallery.jpg
He looked so good that the jeans I was going to wear were cast aside and I joined him in a skirt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Full of confidence

Post by crfriend »

One word for the lad: Bravissimo!

Steampunk and a skirt. Well played indeed! A lad after my own heart.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Well done kid!

I'm seriously taking notes. The shoes, the short sleeves and vest, and yet knee socks. I wouldn't have done it, yet it looks so good that I might have to borrow a thing or two from your son...
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Speaking from experience BM, you and your lady make fine parents, the kids are a credit to you both.
As for decisions/choices, it's a pity we don't have a Haynes manual on the subject.
That snap represents the best hope we have for MIS all the pontificating, theorising and wishful thinking count for nothing against that.
Regards to them all.
Steve.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Kind words everyone he's a credit to MIS. He went to school (home clothes day) n the same similar outfit complete with bowler hat. Both his mum and I were full of trepidation but kept our worries quiet. He came out laughing waving to his mates having had a good day. Its unbelievable. He said there were a few
jibes from one boy but he ignored him.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

That is a good story. Yes short skirts seem to feature a lot in steampunk style so it is probably quite accepted for males to wear in those circles.
My name is Anthony, please accept me for the person that I am.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Good for him!
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

He has more guts than me.
I just bought another plain looking denim skirt the other day.
Had it with me in the car and everything. And then subcombed to" what will others think?' and ended up not changing into it.
Seems like getting restarted every spring comes with difficulty.
And I'm no stranger to venturing out in a skirt. Last spring, mostly summer, I think I was out in denim skirts 25 to 30 times. ( Should keep a log like some of you do).
And we know how invisible denim skirts appear to be. In a few of my braver moments I have intentionally tried to get my denim skirt spotted. If it was noticed there was 0 reaction from them. ( I Hide behind shopping carts and baskets alot when skirted)

Any rate more guts than me kid more way more guts than me.

And very dapper, proper, stylish looking male child.

Only if most adults had his taste.
He could be a slave to the "denim blight" like so many others.

Maybe by the time I'm his age I'll have that kind of confidence.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

mishawakaskirt you are not alone. I suffer when I go out. Just when I think I've got sussed, I start biting my nails again. I dont wear denim skirts though. I make no apology for liking fine fabrics and stylish clothes.
Maybe start with a big city and there's no chance of bumping into anyone you know?
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

That boy, I say that boy has what it takes to become a real man!!

More power to him and his confidence to do what he wants and wear what he wants.
Be sure to encourage him as much as possible and not let the naysayers win...
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Ozdelights
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ozdelights »

Oh WOW! Wonderful to see such style and confidence. Please, please keep it up, I hope you have a great life ahead.