I'm ashamed!

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Re: I'm ashamed!

Post by Ray »

Sounds okay to me.

Talking of Wheezy Ones (or whatever that quote was from), I’m currently 10 miles from where Jesus was allegedly baptised (river Jordan, in - well - Jordan). So there you go! Testament Central round here!
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

moonshadow wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 4:58 pm If there is one thing Al and I have in common, isn't seems we have both gotten sucked deeply into the "culture wars", him on one side and I on the other.

I feel like Al is a good guy and I hope he feels the same about me.

I suppose I have gotten a little carried away lately. I have a hard time watching things unfold in the world. It's hard to feel good about a society that preaches so much virtue and yet seems trapped by so much vice... myself included.

There is a bit of scripture that I stumbled upon a few weeks ago that I’ve found useful latley..

"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Ephesians 4:29

Easier said than done for sure.

I can't knock Al.... for my tongue is no better.

Life is hard enough, let's be friends and navigate it together.
He's a good guy and so are you. As I said am not here to put anyone down I just call people out. Not aiming to make them feel ashamed or bad but to realize in such a world we can't always have our cake and eat it. Sometimes you just got to let it go and agree to disagree.
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

As a moderator it is very encouraging to see members sort it themselves like the mature adults they are. As in this thread where it has led to reconcilliation and respect. Almost brings a tear to the eye. Bravo!
Skirt wearing is our common interest and should help maintain respect no matter how much we may disagree on other things.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Ozdelights
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ozdelights »

Well a lot has happened while I was travelling for a few days. I have said previously I believe the main purpose of the cafe is support and encouragement of on another as we go about MIS in this world. Good to see we can come together.

On another point I picked up in this and some other threads, remember we are all different in our skirt wearing both in how and where and our relationship with family and the outside world. I am relatively new here and there have been many who have joined after me. I also respect there are members who have been here much longer, establishing and enhancing the cafe, Most are much more advanced in there skirt wearing. I hope the cafe is there for us all and remember newer members may want to discuss issues others believe have been done before. Just let them do so and provide input where you feel it will help, sometimes we might even get a new perspective.

I am very thankful for the cafe and the people here, I am here to listen, learn and know that I am not alone as a man in a skirt. Support and encourage.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

First off I am not an innocent bystander in this either. I have posted stuff that has caused for the most part some bad vibes for other members. Twas not my intention for that to happen. BUT it did!

I for one am hard nosed in some aspects of my life because of things that have happened in the past. One of those things is that I some times forget that others have a right to their own beliefs and I do not have the right to stomp on them. I got this way because so many times I was stomped on for my beliefs and it became ingrained that the only way to not be stomped was to start the fight. Usually with a few sneak attacks. I do not want anyone here at the cafe to have to fight for what they believe because of what I believe.
So If I have offended you with any of my posts I want to say I am sorry and will try not to do so in the future.

Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

denimini wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:49 amAs a moderator it is very encouraging to see members sort it themselves like the mature adults they are. As in this thread where it has led to reconcilliation and respect. Almost brings a tear to the eye. Bravo!
I, too, am quite happy with the way that this kerfuffle is working its way clear of the shallows and the rocks. Well done, lads.
Skirt wearing is our common interest and should help maintain respect no matter how much we may disagree on other things.
It's worth recalling that we are all human (at least most of us) and thus have differing views, backgrounds, thinking patterns, opinions, and viewpoints. Let's all reflect for a moment on just how important it is to agree to disagree on things; I'm worried that we as a culture are losing that very valuable skill.

Yes, skirt-wearing binds us together, but only at one level; we are an amazingly diverse and rich community in who we are, the experiences we have had in our lives, and where those experiences have taken us over the years. And to think it's all held together by a thread that may never even be noticed by the mainstream.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!