Disney coming to Virginia?

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Disney coming to Virginia?

Post by moonshadow »

I know this has an almost zero percent chance of actually happening, but the fact that it was even discussed brought about a sense of pride for me particularly.

https://www.disneydining.com/virginia-i ... isney-em1/

You know... we may not have Florida's year round nice weather, but winters do seem to be getting shorter and shorter.

Virginia is also centrally located along the east cost, almost directly between Maine and Florida.

We're also an ocean front state that could use the tourism.

Virginia always ranks high in business centered metrics, with many surveys having us as very business friendly.

Virginia is a politically balanced state, not too far to the left or the right.

We have a cool motto "Sic Semper Tyrannis" (Thus Always to Tyrants) *winks at Ronnie* :lol:

We have a cool marketing slogan "Virginia is for Lovers"

We have a cool state seal, featuring a bare chested woman and a guy in a skirt! (Though in fairness the guy in a skirt doesn't look like he's having a good day... :P )

Though I expect they'd set up along the coast, it should be noted that Virginia is a very scenic state with lovely little small towns dotting the map and beautiful Appalachian mountains.

Imagine.. something like that coming to the mountains of far southwestern Virginia *sits back in chair, closes eyes and smiles*.

That would completely transform our economy.

And all because of a hot headed governor. Desantis... you might be the best thing that ever happened to Virginia! I fully endorse your little culture war in Florida!

And for any Floridians reading this... if you're getting fed up with it... consider a move up north! :wink:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Disney coming to Virginia?

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Disney will not move from Fla! It is just something to try and scare the Fla. Governor into letting Disney have it their way...
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

Disney did look into an American history themed park up there at one time in the past, but there's no chance of them leaving Florida. They've been there longer than Governor GogoBoots and they'll be there long after he's gone. He's just a petty little man who can't stand anyone having a different opinion than he does. No doubt his time helping out with torture at Gitmo led to some internal vision of himself as a holy warrior. :roll:
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

moonshadow wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:28 pm [...]
We have a cool state seal, featuring a bare chested woman and a guy in a skirt! (Though in fairness the guy in a skirt doesn't look like he's having a good day...
What has she got tucked under her left arm?
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

pelmut wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:13 pm
moonshadow wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:28 pm [...]
We have a cool state seal, featuring a bare chested woman and a guy in a skirt! (Though in fairness the guy in a skirt doesn't look like he's having a good day...
What has she got tucked under her left arm?
It's a sheathed sword.

From wikipedia..

On the obverse, Virtus, the genius of the Commonwealth, dressed as an Amazon, resting on a spear in her right hand, point downward, touching the earth; and holding in her left hand, a sheathed sword, or parazonium, pointing upward; her head erect and face upturned; her left foot on the form of Tyranny represented by the prostrate body of a man, with his head to her left, his fallen crown nearby, a broken chain in his left hand, and a scourge in his right.

I'm fairness to the naysayers... I don't think the Virginia code would allow Disney the legal loopholes they enjoy in Florida with regards to municipal law, at least I've never heard of a private enterprise being a county equivalent in Virginia... Maybe a "company town" but it would still fall under the jurisdiction of its county, and Virginia is a "Dillon rule" state... something I imagine the mouse won't abide.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.