Hello from the Panama Canal.

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
papato15

Hello from the Panama Canal.

Post by papato15 »

A quick disclaimer, I am not from Panama or the Canal. I just happen to be on a cruise ship that is currently going through the Panama Canal.
I'm from Kansas and wear skirts when ever I can. My wife knows that I have worn dresses and skirts, but she doesn't approve. She's with me on the cruise so I didn't even bring any skirts with me. I keep seeing women around the ship wearing skirts and wish I was too.

Anyway, Hello from Kansas.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Hello from the Panama Canal.

Post by crfriend »

Transiting the Canal? Good stuff! Did they put you through the new locks or the original ones?
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Ozdelights
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ozdelights »

Even more envious when you see another male in a skirt and you don't have one with you. Happened to me in Alice Springs so next stop bought a new skirt to wear regularly for the rest of the trip. :D
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Sounds like quite the adventure.

The wife factor can certainly kill the skirted life.

Last year I went to visit a friend staying nearby and at a camp site for 3 days. Wife had to stay home for her work. I as soon as I was a few miles from home I was in a skirt, most of the trip. I did change into trousers when my friend and his family came for their visits each day. I'm well known for my campfire cooking skills so they were egar to spend lunch thru dinner at the campground. As soon as they left I was back into a skirt.
It was a wonderful trip in so many ways. Great weather, good food, amazing visit with dear friends, and some extra skirt time.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
papato15

Post by papato15 »

mishawakaskirt wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:35 am Sounds like quite the adventure.

The wife factor can certainly kill the skirted life.

Last year I went to visit a friend staying nearby and at a camp site for 3 days. Wife had to stay home for her work. I as soon as I was a few miles from home I was in a skirt, most of the trip. I did change into trousers when my friend and his family came for their visits each day. I'm well known for my campfire cooking skills so they were egar to spend lunch thru dinner at the campground. As soon as they left I was back into a skirt.
It was a wonderful trip in so many ways. Great weather, good food, amazing visit with dear friends, and some extra skirt time.

That sound like a good camping trip. I usually wear a skirt when I go fishing but the wife is always with me when we go camping. I think of myself as a good campfire cook as well. At least my wife and kids think so.

I was out running errands earlier this week and wore a skirt for around 7hrs even did a little shopping for a new skirt. Found one I like at Ross Dress for Less. Prices there are about the same as some thrift stores I've been to, but Ross's are new.
Last edited by denimini on Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quotation formatting
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Welcome papato15. I am sorry to hear that your wife does not approve however there are other members here in a similar situation who will no doubt empathise, commiserate and suggest some work arounds.
Envious about you travelling the Panama Canal as I recently watched a documentary on it's construction and later upgrades.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
papato15

Post by papato15 »

Thanks for the welcome and the quotation fix.

The Panama Canal was a great experience. My next bucket list cruise would be Australia.