What skirt length do woman prefer men to wear?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: What skirt length do woman prefer men to wear?

Post by moonshadow »

lemac wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:01 am I wear,mini, midi and maxi skirts. Each has advantages and disadvantages . Not wanting to crossdress but just be a man who likes to wear skirts for comfort,what length would you recommend for a man in his 70s. I like A line skirts best. I try to have pockets and belt loops with front fly zippers in denim or wool or rayon etc. I have some skirts with zippers in back or on the side. How much flair is to much ? I am 5 ft 8 in 170 pounds. Thanks.
Uh.... honestly most women probably prefer men not wear skirts... hate to say it but just being honest.

But among those that do abide the style, it seems the more "kilt like" in appearance the better, so I'd wager around knee length.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

moonshadow wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:23 pm
lemac wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:01 am I wear,mini, midi and maxi skirts. Each has advantages and disadvantages . Not wanting to crossdress but just be a man who likes to wear skirts for comfort,what length would you recommend for a man in his 70s. I like A line skirts best. I try to have pockets and belt loops with front fly zippers in denim or wool or rayon etc. I have some skirts with zippers in back or on the side. How much flair is to much ? I am 5 ft 8 in 170 pounds. Thanks.
Uh.... honestly most women probably prefer men not wear skirts... hate to say it but just being honest.

But among those that do abide the style, it seems the more "kilt like" in appearance the better, so I'd wager around knee length.
I absolutely know other people are 99.9% thinking about themselves. This why I think women don't like men in skirts.
Quite often if I could fade away, that would be fine. I would not be missed and I would not be sad anymore.
lemac

Post by lemac »

Thanks for all the advice.MOH and I have been married for over 50 years and is tolerant of my skirt wearing. I think because she has not seen or heard any bad comments when we were out together. I have not seen any other men in skirts in our area. Being retired we don`t get out that much but I am doing my part wearing skirts when we do.
Offkilter69
Distinguished Member

Post by Offkilter69 »

ScotL wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:52 pm
Well, if you’re not wearing for yourself, who are you wearing for? I like to think we wear for ourselves and our SOs love us because of who we are. But SOs can be difficult people to figure out. But to paraphrase a Barbara Hubbard quote ‘they know everything about us, but love us anyway.”
True, unless you’re a slave to the preferences of others, one wears what they want to wear within reason. But validation, particularly from a significant other, does help one’s confidence. I care very little about what others think for the most part, but I do want to be attractive to my SO just as she wants to be attractive to me.

With her approval and encouragement I could probably go out skirted today. Until that day comes, if it ever does, I’ll continue to build my confidence and bridge that skirted goal with kilts. For now it’s a compromise that’s working.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

I believe in “slow and steady wins the game”
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

lemac wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:25 pm Thanks for all the advice.MOH and I have been married for over 50 years and is tolerant of my skirt wearing.
Hi Lemac,
This begs a question based on your thread title.
Have you asked your wife?
In your place hers would be the only relevant opinion for me.
NB I have been married for 42 years and the problems are documented in other threads.
I hope you realise that you are a lucky guy.
Steve.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Another "favorite color" question? I did not bother to ask my wife -- it would be a long discussion about a whole slew of other things because the survey question is absurd in itself; compounded by generalizations.

What length do you prefer women wear? I suppose a bunch of us would give an instantly sexist reply -- the shorter the better; but in reality I suspect men like women in many lengths depending on a hundred other factors; occasion perhaps being fairly key, along with temperatures, colors, conveyances used, body shape and age....the qualifiers make a long list.

Women where? What age? About "their" men or others? Are you seeking approval for something; or wanting to have this aspect of your fashion choice dictated by others--like blue, gray and black pants?

I apologize if I've stepped on toes, but I cannot find much utility here...maybe we could ask some of the Gods what they prefer!

And just for fun, after writing the above, I did ask -- and got back "I guess it depends upon what they are doing.... while she promptly resumed to her keyboard.