Asos Skirts

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
ScotL
Chatbot

Re: Asos Skirts

Post by ScotL »

It’s always hard to tell but I think the fact they don’t mention pockets in the description means these skirts are all pocketless. But does anyone know for sure?
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

chilpaul wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:04 pm https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-d ... mens+skirt

But this skirt fastens to the left ?
It doesn't look like it wraps kilt like so those straps are probably decorative.
As for pockets, one can safely assume there aren't any unless it says so.
Pockets are a selling point and their marketing folks won't miss that out.
Steve
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Coder wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:14 pm Hate to point this out, they also sell this:

https://www.asos.com/us/asos-design/aso ... uery=skirt

But again, if it opens guys up to the possibilities of skirted clothes, I don't care. Just don't let this become the norm!
If wearing a skirt over pants “normalizes” skirts for guys, that’s a huge hurdle jumped for us. I’m with you, let it happen. Hope it doesn’t stop there but in the heat, I can totally see a guy ditching the pants. Fried eggs is not comfortable.

Has anyone ever tried these?
chilpaul

Post by chilpaul »

https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-d ... mens+skirt

So today I had the above skirt delivered, and I'm quite pleased with it.

It fastens with a discreet zip and the straps are ornamental only, this means the fit has to be pretty much spot on as there is no adjustment at all.
I bought the 34" waist and the length is 19.5 " it fits me well when wearing it on the hips, and finishes just above the knee.
The waistband is made of some sort of pvc material, but the color match with the cotton skirt is good.
No pockets.
It will need a wash and iron before I can wear it as it is a bit creased from the packaging at the moment, so looking forward to seeing how it hangs afterwards.
Made in China

Chilpaul
victor1964
Member Extraordinaire

Post by victor1964 »

This one is targeted at women but it's never stopped me before. It is a lot more "out there" but I would wear this out :D

https://www.asos.com/collusion/collusio ... ery=tartan
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

victor1964 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:55 pm This one is targeted at women but it's never stopped me before. It is a lot more "out there" but I would wear this out
Me too Victor but I don't like the colours in the pretend tartan.
It rather looks like it could be easily copied, miniskirt with added fabric?
DIY anyone?
Steve.
victor1964
Member Extraordinaire

Post by victor1964 »

STEVIE wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:06 pm
Me too Victor but I don't like the colours in the pretend tartan.
Not being Scottish, I'm fine with a fake tartan. it's just another pattern to me.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

victor1964 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:08 pm I'm fine with a fake tartan. it's just another pattern to me.

Actually, nothing to do with being Scots Victor I don't like green clothes in general.
I actually regard all tartans as fake anyway, they are really just "patterns" nought much else.
I do wonder if I will ever try a skirt like that though.
Steve.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

chilpaul wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:54 pm So today I had the above skirt delivered, and I'm quite pleased with it.
Thanks for the review. Sadly no pockets would make it un-practical. Looks nice though.
Midas
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Midas »

Looks more like curtain material for a dodgy pub.
GerdG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by GerdG »

denimini wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:15 am Although a few are fairly predictable "men's" skirts, being black and long, two were more encouraging:

Even if I like short skirts, the brown one is definitely too short for me to wear, the other one, however, is the perfect man skirt to my opinion.
GerdG

There ARE viable alternatives to trousers.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

That 'perfect man skirt' is the right shape and length, but has no pockets and a raw lower border, no hem. Shoddy. They also only have it in W30 size in stock. A bit petite for me.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Kirbstone wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:42 am That 'perfect man skirt' is the right shape and length, but has no pockets and a raw lower border, no hem. Shoddy. They also only have it in W30 size in stock. A bit petite for me.

Tom
The lack of pockets really makes me empathetic towards women. So important and yet…
Offkilter69
Distinguished Member

Post by Offkilter69 »

ScotL wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:34 pm
Kirbstone wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:42 am That 'perfect man skirt' is the right shape and length, but has no pockets and a raw lower border, no hem. Shoddy. They also only have it in W30 size in stock. A bit petite for me.

Tom
The lack of pockets really makes me empathetic towards women. So important and yet…
Pockets are a must! Women may not need them to the extent that men rely on them, but everyone needs pockets at times. Whenever I buy skirts as gifts for my Lady I usually choose ones with at least semi-functional pockets, something she appreciates more and more.

Another reason to be empathetic towards women: the asinine sizing of their clothes- at least pants. My SO likes to wear skirts anyway, but being a petite woman makes it hard for her to find pants that fit without alterations. The Fashion Revolution needs to make skirted attire mainstream for males, but it also needs to provide our female counterparts with logical sizing for their clothes.
Paul

Post by Paul »

The Brown pleated skirt I would wear in a heartbeat, love it 😍
Always happy when wearing a skirt.