No one is thinking about you

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

No one is thinking about you

Post by FLbreezy »

image_forget_the_res.jpg
Came across this a few days ago and it resonated with me this morning when I was doing some grocery shopping in a very busy warehouse club (skirted, of course). Sometimes we think we might be the centre of attention, but it's likely we're not.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Re: No one is thinking about you

Post by Coder »

Yes! This was a mindset I've tried to cultivate (mostly successfully) the past few years.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

This is a great find and aptly true on both a positive (leave us alone) and a negative (we don’t think of others) standpoint.

But either way, we do think others care about what we’re wearing/doing way more than we should.

I wish there was a way to just accept it. We can say it and be told “just do it” constantly but until we gain the experience of doing it, it doesn’t happen. Like all things in life, experience is the greatest teacher.

It’s not to say encouragement doesn’t help. It does. Encouragement gives people the gumption to create experiences where accepting what’s been encouraged occurs. And that takes time.

But sentiments like this are great encouragement for many of us.

Thanks for sharing
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

ScotL wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:08 pm But either way, we do think others care about what we’re wearing/doing way more than we should.
Just channel your inner first lady. :lol:
melaniairdc.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

FLbreezy wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:32 pm
ScotL wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:08 pm But either way, we do think others care about what we’re wearing/doing way more than we should.
Just channel your inner first lady. :lol:

melaniairdc.jpg
As you fly to disaster relief…
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

ScotL wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:36 pmAs you fly to disaster relief…
Irony has a place in this world.

Whether it was conscious/intended or not we shall never know.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!