telegraph - Reporter likes his first skirt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

telegraph - Reporter likes his first skirt

Post by Barleymower »

Ben Rowell takes on the challenge of dressing up and going out into the streets wearing the new male fashion trend he christens ‘Flamboy’

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/sty ... lton-john/

You will need 12ft.io to get over the paywall.

The reporter Ben is quite positive, in his rehash of celeb skirt wearing and new term 'flamboy'.....
Anyway he seems to really like his skirt-kilt

It's positive, therefore I like it!
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: telegraph - Reporter likes his first skirt

Post by geron »

Barleymower wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:13 pm It's positive, therefore I like it!
Alas, the comments beneath from Telegraph readers are 100 per cent hostile, or at least mocking. But that probably says more about Telegraph readers than about the proposition being advanced.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

geron wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:21 pm
Barleymower wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:13 pm It's positive, therefore I like it!
Alas, the comments beneath from Telegraph readers are 100 per cent hostile, or at least mocking. But that probably says more about Telegraph readers than about the proposition being advanced.
I can’t see them cause of the paywall. But I suspect the replies are almost all anonymous and feed off of the peer pressure of the other posts.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

geron wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:21 pm
Comments did not appear for me so had to go searching. I eventually got there and grief. What a nasty bunch.
Checking statistica, Telegraph readers are more female than male by about 20%..They are mostly over 35 and vote Tory (right wing). No surprise is it? Strange that given its demograph the Tory graph would run the story. I think it shows we have momentum.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

Barleymower wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:13 pm The reporter Ben is quite positive, in his rehash of celeb skirt wearing and new term 'flamboy'.....
That came across as a humor piece to me, I don't think he was at all serious. Good to manufacture angry comments and more click-bait. Maybe I'm just cynical.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

FLbreezy wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:55 pm
Barleymower wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:13 pm The reporter Ben is quite positive, in his rehash of celeb skirt wearing and new term 'flamboy'.....
That came across as a humor piece to me, I don't think he was at all serious. Good to manufacture angry comments and more click-bait. Maybe I'm just cynical.
The telegraph is reduced to click bait?
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Barleymower wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:37 pm The telegraph is reduced to click bait?
They all are to some degree.
To anyone under 35 their news is online and not paper like wot old geezers like me get.
I remember when fish and chips got wrapped in newspaper too, ah the good old unsanitary days.
Steve.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

For a 'once-of' look, try this - -
https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fw ... on-john%2F

Items are way out of my price range. Some of these people need to
come down to earth, where the rest of the world lives :twisted:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)