More Tunes

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
crfriend
Master Barista

More Tunes

Post by crfriend »

I've been futzing around with some stuff I've not heard in a long time, and whilst some of the great classics (as they apply directly to me [0]) are applicable, this one sprang to life instantly simply because of the spirit of it. Yes, this old boy is indeed "going to the end of the line", and it doesn't matter if I'm old and grey.

[0] Playlist: (1) Aaron Copeland's Simple Gifts from Appalachian Spring (although I know it by its working title, Ballet for Martha; (2) Copeland again, Buckaroo Holiday from the ballet Rodeo; (3) More Copeland, Fanfare for the Common Man, followed immediately by (4) the Emerson, Lake, and Palmer version (which Copeland approved of!) (5) John Williams' Imperial March from Star Wars that was taped on his 90th birthday, and which would have been Diana's and my wedding march if we'd ever formailsed it; (6) Fleetwood Mac and Say That You Love Me, which has perhaps one of the best guitar solos going, and (7) Tusk, a brilliant if somewhat unappreciated concept piece. Finishing the lot out is the one I linked above. A good evening!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Re: More Tunes

Post by Ray »

Great choices - especially ELP!
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FranTastic444 »

Rumours is one of those great albums that I can play end to end without skipping tracks. Tusk the single was good, but as an album it didn't match up to its predecessor.

Something quite enchanting about watching Stevie Nicks in this video as she twirls the baton and marches across the football field in a summer dress with her explosion of permed hair backlit by the sun.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

FranTastic444 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:22 pmSomething quite enchanting about watching Stevie Nicks in this video as she twirls the baton and marches across the football field in a summer dress with her explosion of permed hair backlit by the sun.
Don't think for an instant that that scene was lost on me.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

crfriend wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:01 am ...(7) Tusk, a brilliant if somewhat unappreciated concept piece.
I always felt like that song was under-appreciated. Both my kids were marching band nerds though, so it's likely that had something to do with it. I'll have to throw that on the Friday-evening-pizza-dough-making playlist. Cheers!