Why shouldn’t men wear skirts - article

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Why shouldn’t men wear skirts - article

Post by STEVIE »

skirted84 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:14 am All of us made clear we don't enter female designated spaces, though not in the article. We use mens toilets, we take skirts to the mens changing room in store, etc. The cognitive dissonance is quite baffling at times.
Then we have my encounter from yesterday, judged and sentenced bypassing any evidence.
I have had a reply from Mark Smith too, he indicates the letter will be published anyway.
Just don't expect logic from other people and you won't be disappointed.
Steve.
Andy_G

Post by Andy_G »

An interesting piece with a different slant. The guy felt like all eyes were on him and wasn’t a fun experience:

https://amp.theguardian.com/fashion/202 ... -but-can-i
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

That guy chose his skirt unwisely and popped outside before learning how to actually wear a skirt. That produces a whole lot of stress and angst.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

Maybe it was his choice of outfit, it certainly would be attracting attention:
I pick up a paisley midi, in white and coral. Sweet, sort of 90s and fun. I buy it, but not everyone is sold. “Maybe we do this,” my friend says at home, whipping out some pins, and taking it up 25cm. She ties my T-shirt into a midriff-baring crop top. “Now that’s a look.”
Andy_G

Post by Andy_G »

He was getting attention he didn’t feel comfortable with in the black one before he changed into what’s sounds like fancy dress!! I thought the first look was pretty conservative and wouldn’t attract the attention it did.