How to style a skirt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

How to style a skirt

Post by Barleymower »

https://youtu.be/qkXyaCBEPbs

Not the most recent video (4 weeks). The chap making the video is really at ease with wearing a skirt and expresses the same sentiments found here.
Well done and keep it up.
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Re: How to style a skirt

Post by rode_kater »

That's actually a real nice video with some useful ideas. I've never really considered such long skirts are a reasonable choice, but he may have changed my mind.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

That was pretty good. I still feel that at/above the knee looks best on men, but he made it work.
victor1964
Member Extraordinaire

Post by victor1964 »

I'll be the one who wasn't too impressed with the video. I have to admit I didn't watch it all because, although the sentiment was good, the first minute or 2 of the video had me reaching for the stop button.

He states "....I decided to wear a skirt so I have just bought my first one". Then proceeds to tell every one how to wear one. I don't think so! Most of us have been wearing skirts for years and know how to wear a skirt that suits our own individuality. I know I don't need a youngster who has just bought his first skirt to be giving me fashion tips....

Just saying lol..
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

He looks about 22 years old and from his flow of (American) diction he is probably studying Law. Doesn't make him any easier to listen to, though.

He is also welcome to his choice of first skirt.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

victor1964 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:28 pmI'll be the one who wasn't too impressed with the video. <snip> I don't need a
youngster who has just bought his first skirt to be giving me fashion tips....

Just saying lol..
Over-all, his presentation was very good. It is geared towards a much younger generation.
This is what we need :!: Kudos for the willingness to support Skirts For Men ! ! ! !

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)