The Times of Israel: Genderless collection hits runway on last day of Fashion Week

News from High Street, for the Fashionistas among us! Couture only here please; if you can buy it off the rack, try another forum.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

The Times of Israel: Genderless collection hits runway on last day of Fashion Week

Post by Coder »

https://www.timesofisrael.com/genderles ... hion-week/

Usual fashion show stuff (but this is the couture forum).
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The Times of Israel: Genderless collection hits runway on last day of Fashion Week

Post by Barleymower »

How long does it normally take for fashion houses runway to arrive in retail stores?
Does it ever?
ScotL
Chatbot

Re: The Times of Israel: Genderless collection hits runway on last day of Fashion Week

Post by ScotL »

Coder wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:37 am https://www.timesofisrael.com/genderles ... hion-week/

Usual fashion show stuff (but this is the couture forum).
Only guy in a skirt picture I see has a skirt that looks quite good for men
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Barleymower wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:10 am How long does it normally take for fashion houses runway to arrive in retail stores?
Does it ever?
If the price is right, modified version of catwalk pieces can hit the shops within a week.
Primark, apparently was very good at it.
NB this doesn't extend to skirts for men, that is still due on the 12th of Never.
Steve.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Saw a fellow MIS in London this evening. Beany, white sunglasses, jacket, trousers with a denim skirt over the top
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Barleymower wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:45 pm[...] trousers with a denim skirt over the top
What's the point? Could he not make up his mind about what to wear?

If you're in for a penny, you're in for a pound. Done. One or the other. Don't waffle on the matter.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

crfriend wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:08 pm
Barleymower wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:45 pm[...] trousers with a denim skirt over the top

If you're in for a penny, you're in for a pound. Done. One or the other. Don't waffle on the matter.
Agreed and he was looking over while waiting for the tube.
It is a style which is in seen in the fashion shows so could be forgiven. It also shows willingness which is rare. He was stylish modern man.
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

crfriend wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:08 pm
Maybe they figured it was too cold? If you have the choice between skirt+leggings, and skirt+trousers, maybe they opted for the latter.

Don't let perfect be the enemy of good.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

My daughter just said how she loved his outfit. Great combos, loved the sunglasses and the denim over denim. So stylish, very futuristic.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

While I don't like the look myself, I don't see any issues with wearing a skirt over jeans. It's a style/fashion choice - they have theirs, we have ours.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

rode_kater wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:28 am
Thats a wonderful sentiment and so important today
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Coder wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:32 pm While I don't like the look myself, I don't see any issues with wearing a skirt over jeans. It's a style/fashion choice - they have theirs, we have ours.
Does seem disingenuous to harsh on a style whilst we’re fighting for our style. I still think the best thing that happens to a man who wants to wear traditionally female clothing as a man is the increase in his empathy towards other’s differences
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

ScotL wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:59 am
rode_kater wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:28 am
Thats a wonderful sentiment and so important today
It's one of my pet peeves.

Let's do nothing because we would only cover 99% of use cases instead of 100%.

Let's vote against this massive improvement because it doesn't cover this little thing.

Let's complain about a man wearing a skirt because we can't see their legs.

Let's vote against switching from FPTP to AV, because it's not PR

Some people appear to have this idea that if you vote for some improvement that it makes further improvements impossible or something. And therefore voting against something makes it more like likely you'll get what you want in the future. In my entire life I've never seen that tactic actually work. Mostly the result is people going: oh look, people voted against this improvement, that means they actually want things to go backwards.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

rode_kater wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:08 pm
ScotL wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:59 am
Some people appear to have this idea that if you vote for some improvement that it makes further improvements impossible or something. And therefore voting against something makes it more like likely you'll get what you want in the future. In my entire life I've never seen that tactic actually work. Mostly the result is people going: oh look, people voted against this improvement, that means they actually want things to go backwards.
Yep, pretty spot on sir. Right up there with the sentiment of if I don’t get my way, no gets anything.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

Speaking of skirt over pants, I saw a photo in my newsfeed of some actress (Katie Holmes?) wearing a skirt over a skirt. It was a midi over a mini, and the midi was "distressed" so you could see parts of the mini.