Skirt Wearing by Women Increasing?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirt Wearing by Women Increasing?

Post by Sinned »

The problem, Steve, is money, really. My wife says that she will always love me whatever what but I get the impression that there are lines that, if crossed, would not stop her deciding that, love or not, she could no longer live with me. Division of resources could be painful.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Sinned wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:49 pmDivision of resources could be painful.
The question, then, becomes "Who will it be more painful for?" (And I sincerely hope it never comes to that!) Could this be used as a talking point to perhaps gain some understanding? (That's a leap you may not be willing to undertake, and I entirely sympathise with that.)

Anyway, who am I to carry on? I'm 0 for 3, and 4 is entirely unlikely to happen.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
greenboots
Member Extraordinaire

Post by greenboots »

I tried to do a rough survey on a couple of train journeys to the office. It’s not scientific, but I see a wide variety of ages, cultural backgrounds and working environments on my way to work. The first trip suggested about 2:1 in favour of trousers (about 33% wearing skirts). The second was much busier so I couldn’t keep accurate count but I reached about 4:3 or possibly 5:4 in favour of trousers (between 40% and 55% in skirts). The latter may have been enhanced by school girls in uniform, but I expected to see many more trousers due to the cold, wet weather.

Anyway, skirts are not disappearing in London.