JuJu Smith-Schuster Brings an Epic Skirt to the Super Bowl

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: JuJu Smith-Schuster Brings an Epic Skirt to the Super Bowl

Post by moonshadow »

TSH wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:43 am the cosmos would be doing the world a favor by removing this cancerous embarrassment of a species off the map completely.
Brother! Yes!

A man after my own heart! :mrgreen:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
TSH
Distinguished Member

Post by TSH »

rode_kater wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:58 am
TSH wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:43 am Reddit is a trash heap (for the most part, at least).
I kinda disagree. First thing to do with Reddit is unsubscribe from all the default reddits, they're terrible. Then subscribe only to those you find actually interesting.
Don't you need an account to do that, though?
Many of the smaller reddits aimed at specific hobbies are full of very nice people. If you subscribe to /r/feedmethehate, well, you did kinda of ask for it.
I tend to just avoid the site altogether because the topics that did actually interest me usually annoyed me upon reading the comments, so my experience is tainted as a result, and I have no interest in viewing the smaller subreddits. It doesn't help how I can't Google anything without a trace of Reddit popping up in the results. I do appreciate that there's an entire subreddit that advocates for males wearing skirts, even if it's more involved with men getting in touch with their femininity, when the simple goal of this forum is just getting skirts to become prominent in menswear. It's why I added the "for the most part" bit.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Coder wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:17 pm Well... is it? Or does the anonymous nature of online discourse let people be extra mean? Maybe even more mean than they would be in real life?

I'm not trying to sugarcoat things, but I want to believe people have some core of good in them, though give me 5 minutes reading the news/reddit and I'll forget I ever had that sentiment.
I'd agree that online things quickly get nastier than most in person interactions. And I also genuinely believe most people have good in them. Don't let the nastiness of a few get you down...
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Offkilter69 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:44 pm
Coder wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:34 pm
Offkilter69 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:18 pm Wow, no big surprise but after reading the endless negative and toxic comments, MIS has a long way to go to gain acceptance and approval from society. ☹️
That doesn’t really matter in the quest for acceptance and promotion of skirts for non celebrity men. The fact that negative mindset is so ingrained in people is disheartening. Yes, we can continue to be ourselves and wear whatever we please in most situations, but until the “de-masculinization of men” mindset is lessened, skirts for men will never be mainstream. I think that is the pipe dream for most of us on this forum.
Mainstream, no. Not for a long time. When change finally starts to happen, I expect it to seem meager/disappointing compared to our wishes.

As I recall, there was a thread about subcultures where there is more acceptance of MIS.
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

TSH wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:02 pm
rode_kater wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:58 am I kinda disagree. First thing to do with Reddit is unsubscribe from all the default reddits, they're terrible. Then subscribe only to those you find actually interesting.
Don't you need an account to do that, though?
Yeah, you do. They're effectively anonymous though, you just skip filling in an email and never verify it. You'll get the notice that if you lose access you'll never be able to recover it (gasp).

I have a few accounts and switch between them depending on the topic (yay RES).