The Telegraph: ‘Sequinned jackets are fine for the office – but I draw the line at men wearing shorts’

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The Telegraph: ‘Sequinned jackets are fine for the office – but I draw the line at men wearing shorts’

Post by Barleymower »

Coder wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:20 pm
Barleymower wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:57 pm My daughter tells me that body shaming is a big thing among the girls "You can't say that it's body shaming!" Although apparently guys under 6" these days are considered short and will not be getting a girlfriend.
I do have to say, someone that short is going to have a lot of problems, least of which would be finding a mate. They’d have their pick of action heroes, though :lol:.

(sorry, couldn’t resist)
Oops🤣
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: The Telegraph: ‘Sequinned jackets are fine for the office – but I draw the line at men wearing shorts’

Post by crfriend »

Barleymower wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:57 pmMy daughter tells me that body shaming is a big thing among the girls "You can't say that it's body shaming!" Although apparently guys under 6" these days are considered short and will not be getting a girlfriend.
The gals are going to have to be content pairing off with other gals, then, because the average height of the typical male of breeding age in the USA is about 5' 10". Hell, I'm 6' 4" (just a hair shy of two standard-deviations off normal) and can't find a decent one! (But I'm also rather picky having been in relationships that went badly.)

Maybe it's the start of a rejection of the notion of machismo? Who knows, but one can hope!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Fear i Sciorta Dubh

Post by Fear i Sciorta Dubh »

Barleymower wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:57 pm My daughter tells me that body shaming is a big thing among the girls "You can't say that it's body shaming!" Although apparently guys under 6" these days are considered short and will not be getting a girlfriend.
I’m really hoping you’re referring to height and you meant 6’ :wink:
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Fear i Sciorta Dubh wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:46 pmI’m really hoping you’re referring to height and you meant 6’ :wink:
Oh dear god, how did I miss that? :twisted:
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Coder noticed it first. Saying perhaps they could they could pair off with action hero's. He he.
Carl, you read my mind. I said almost exactly that. With a roughly 50/50 split, a lot of women will have cats if they can't settle for someone under 6'.
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

Fear i Sciorta Dubh wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:46 pm
I’m really hoping you’re referring to height and you meant 6’ :wink:
Suddeny an image of Mae West floats into my mind's eye ("Let's forget about the six feet and talk about the...").