Hey there!

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
cookieninja

Hey there!

Post by cookieninja »

Blimey a whole forum of people doing something similar to me!

I've only started trying skirts and similar items since August, so still new to figuring out what I like and what works for me. I've got 3 now that I like now, and starting to get a reasonable idea of how to make an outfit around them. My favourite isn't actually a skirt but a dungarees dress, I've been getting into dungarees at the same time so its sort of a hybrid of two ideas. Nice ones, and bright colours not the sort you see people working in.
ScotL
Chatbot

Re: Hey there!

Post by ScotL »

Welcome! From a fellow newbie. I wear mostly kilts but have been branching out with non Kilted skirts. My advice is to go to thrift shops online or otherwise and just try stuff out. Stuff is otherwise pretty expensive and that’s a mistake you can’t afford. A few of the cafe members dress in ways I think look good. I watch their pictures to learn about incorporating a skirt I to otherwise male clothing.
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

cookieninja wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:48 pm My favourite isn't actually a skirt but a dungarees dress.
I'd wear one of those like a shot if I found one in a suitable cut.
cookieninja

Post by cookieninja »

I think that's subjective, women's chests come in a wide variety of sizes. Sitting on you slightly different is not necessarily bad or wrong, there maybe exceptions but they're not all designed to be worn as a tight fit. Take a look at Lucy and Yak's, as an example, they are specifically designed for all genders. Their website does not divide their stuff into two categories, although they could do with having a wider variety of models to demonstrate it better.

Some will fit some people better than others, there's variety within and between genders though so you can say that about any clothing
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Welcome to the cafe. Yeah, I have seen them dresses and appeal to me. Hmmmmm.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.