Courage comes from within

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Courage comes from within

Post by crfriend »

Barleymower wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:18 pm[...] Always be deviant, always be unmanly, always assumed that you have a bra and panties too, always be gay. No woman wants to be associated with such a man, it's embarrassing.
This is not always the case, and I can speak to that because I have quite a few women friends and acquaintances who enjoy my company, The hard part is turning a friendship into a romance, and that's where I seem to fall flat on my face. I clearly own part of that because I'm really picky about who can capture my fancy; so I remain sceptical about ever being involved in another romance over the remaining course of my lifetime. However, I do not believe that is down to my sartorial choices. That said, it may be a reflection of, "I support the notion of guys wearing skirts, but just not my man." I don't know -- and have no way of knowing.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

crfriend wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:14 am "I support the notion of guys wearing skirts, but just not my man."
A bunch of penguins who want to jump in the water waddle and jostle at the waters edge til one falls in. If it’s not destroyed by some nasty sea creature, the rest go in.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

crfriend wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:14 am That said, it may be a reflection of, "I support the notion of guys wearing skirts, but just not my man." I don't know -- and have no way of knowing.
My situation is complicated by my domestic situation, my dear prostate, my skirts and dresses too.
Enough has been said about that elsewhere and bluntly, I have the very real experience to back the "just not my man" notion as a fact.
My wife of some 40 years has never accepted what I choose to wear, and I have accepted she never will.
In the past year, I have built up very nice and very platonic relationships with 3 individual ladies of my acquaintance.
In these 3 instances, the friendship may continue but they will never progress.
On a broader basis, mankind may eventually develop the balls to wear skirts as men, when is moot.
Where I lead will others follow, hopefully but crucial, well no.
The numbers of men involved may not matter so much either because it will be women that determine the eventual outcome.
Facing that fact and choosing the skirted path regardless will demand all the grit and determination at your disposal.
Where you get it from is up to you.
Steve.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

crfriend wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:14 am
Barleymower wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:18 pm[...] Always be deviant, always be unmanly, always assumed that you have a bra and panties too, always be gay. No woman wants to be associated with such a man, it's embarrassing.
This is not always the case, and I can speak to that because I have quite a few women friends and acquaintances who enjoy my company, The hard part is turning a friendship into a romance, and that's where I seem to fall flat on my face. I clearly own part of that because I'm really picky about who can capture my fancy; so I remain sceptical about ever being involved in another romance over the remaining course of my lifetime. However, I do not believe that is down to my sartorial choices. That said, it may be a reflection of, "I support the notion of guys wearing skirts, but just not my man." I don't know -- and have no way of knowing.
If there are ladies around you then one of them maybe is prepared to tell you what your chances are. If there is no chance maybe she will tell you why.
Secondly, maybe you could let your guard down and just go for it.

I've said this before: we cannot wait for a green light from women. Its nor going to happen. They didn't get one, so they went anyway.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Well now I was told this afternoon by one of my "acquaintances", how "proud of me" she was.
She was referring to how I handled the situation with the "Karen" on the bus.
Budding romance, like hell it is.
Being hopelessly optimistic, who knows what tomorrow might bring.
Live in hope or die in despair and carry on regardless.
Steve.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Barleymower wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:29 pmIf there are ladies around you then one of them maybe is prepared to tell you what your chances are. If there is no chance maybe she will tell you why.
I've contemplated that, but have not executed on it; I might be hurt by the answer, and I'm tired of getting kicked.
Already done, inadvertently. See A Tree to Weak to Stand.
I've said this before: we cannot wait for a green light from women. Its nor going to happen. They didn't get one, so they went anyway.
That's why my execution plan has been what it is. Time will tell.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

crfriend wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:34 pm
Barleymower wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:29 pmIf there are ladies around you then one of them maybe is prepared to tell you what your chances are. If there is no chance maybe she will tell you why.
I've contemplated that, but have not executed on it; I might be hurt by the answer, and I'm tired of getting kicked.
Already done, inadvertently. See A Tree to Weak to Stand.
That's why my execution plan has been what it is. Time will tell.
Don't give up. There will be another
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Barleymower wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:29 pm
If there are ladies around you then one of them maybe is prepared to tell you what your chances are. If there is no chance maybe she will tell you why.

Women largely dictate social norms. Their approval or disapproval drives much of what the men around them do. Don't underestimate that power. That means that our situation isn't quite analogous to women wearing pants. But I still agree that we need to just get out there and do it.

When you focus on yourself, becoming a better person, you show confidence, maturity, and strength. A man not worried about the approval of others (including but not limited to the opposite sex) is very attractive. Women find it alluring, and even other men look up to it. But it has to be genuine, people can spot a fake.

There is truth to the advice that if you stop worrying about finding a partner, one will find you. Probably more so when you are young and the pool is bigger, and most of the competition lacks maturity. I don't know anything about older people dating, never been there...
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Dust wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:34 pmI don't know anything about older people dating, never been there...
YMMV, but I've found that it was difficult when I was young(er) and it's only gotten harder as I've gotten older; there are more difficulties in play once one has reached maturity because everybody tends to settle into their own little world and that complicates relationships.