R.I.P. Robert Clary

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

R.I.P. Robert Clary

Post by Uncle Al »

:( :( :( :(
R.I.P. Robert Clary, Corporal LeBeau on Hogan's Heroes
Robert was 96 years old at his passing. A wonderful life :!:

I really loved watching this show.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Re: R.I.P. Robert Clary

Post by FLbreezy »

I did not realize he was a concentration camp survivor.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I have DTV and every Monday I get to record the show and they usually run 6 to 8 shows in a row. I have enjoyed the entire 6 seasons several times since they started to do this. This is one show that made television worth watching.
Another show I am enjoying right now is the Brit comedy "Are you being served?" It is on BritBox TV on prime video. I have been binge watching it for the past week. Regular TV in the US sucks big time so I enjoy being able to watch TV from other countries, like England, Australia, Japan and I find they are much better produced.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Ah Fred, Mrs Slocombe and her pussy. One of the classic comedies. Can you get "Dad's Army" over there? Quintessentially British. I vaguely remember "Hogan's Heroes" but it hasn't been shown here for donkey's years.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Sinned wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:13 am Ah Fred, Mrs Slocombe and her pussy. One of the classic comedies. Can you get "Dad's Army" over there? Quintessentially British. I vaguely remember "Hogan's Heroes" but it hasn't been shown here for donkey's years.
I have not seen "Dad's Army" listed anywhere here. There have been many Brit comedies and shows I have watched such as "Waiting for God", "Faulty Towers" and "Graham Norton Show" also Mysteries Such as "Midsummer Mysteries", "Hercule Poirot".

I really enjoy British Television. :king: :queen:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

"Dad's Army" follows a group of ( mostly ) elderly defense volunteers during WW2 and the antics they get up to. It is available on Boob Tube ( what isn't ) or BBC iPlayer if you have access. And you would really enjoy the send up of the inept English.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Sinned wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:12 pm "Dad's Army" follows a group of ( mostly ) elderly defense volunteers during WW2 and the antics they get up to. It is available on Boob Tube ( what isn't ) or BBC iPlayer if you have access. And you would really enjoy the send up of the inept English.
Sounds like a fun show.
I don't have access to either one of those.I have BritBox and I have not seen it there.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

By Boob Tube, I mean YouTube. I looked on there and found episodes.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Sinned wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:42 amBy Boob Tube, I mean YouTube. I looked on there and found episodes.
How many kiddies today even know why the thing is called a "boob tube" because CRTs have been obsolete for years (or at least well concealed)?

Ditto the notion of a "choo-choo" because nobody has seen a running steam train in years (or at least only a tiny number have).
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Sinned wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:42 am By Boob Tube, I mean YouTube. I looked on there and found episodes.
Hi Dennis,
No! Boob Tube has been around since at least the early 50's . It refers to the stupid stuff that was shown on the TV. Back when the TV had a giant glass tube for a picture tube. The TV was referred to as the "BOOB TUBE".