Fashion brand ClHu — Clothes for Humans

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Fashion brand ClHu — Clothes for Humans

Post by Coder »

This popped up on my Instagram today:

https://clhu.com

Perusing the site, you will find eye-wateringly expensive prices for what you get (basic pieces that could be had for $10-$30). However, they feature one guy in a skirt (or at least a guy-like person, not entirely sure):

https://clhu.com/products/utility-skirt ... 5493361871

Not a fan of the combo shorts+shirt, but then again, if this is what it takes for guys to try one and wear it, I'm all for it. But the price!!!!

I like the color combo of black+green+black, will have to give that combination a try.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Fashion brand ClHu — Clothes for Humans

Post by Coder »

I feel I must add to my post - a lot of "hate" here is directed towards bifurcated styles - shorts, skorts, etc... Skorts totally have their place - for one they give an extra sense of reassurance with a shorter skirt (I prefer not to flash underwear*, but that's just me). They tend to be more athletic and "free" - usually skater style or can accommodate a large gait, and are a perfect male entry into the skirt platform (ignoring kilts, for sure). Most have a lightweight short built in, so that part of them doesn't add much bulk - unlike the dreaded pants under skirt, which is a bit silly but again if that's what it takes...

This particular style looks like a more full-bodied short rather than a lightweight short lining, so the pants rule feels like it applies.

*I beg the post gods - don't let this devolve into a underthings discussion.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

I don't hate it, but $110??!!

I generally loathe skorts because they're not comfortable, but these might be ok. I have a few pairs of terry shorts that I'll wear around the house sometimes that are pretty comfy but definitely not modest enough to wear in public.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

"Deconstructed Utility Skirt": https://clhu.com/products/decon-cargo-s ... 9543886031

Too long and too expensive for my taste, but I like the marketing on it anyway, and they show male models wearing it.
Gender Who? This skirt is amazing on everybody! We’ve taken the ClHu cargo lifestyle to the next level and made the ultimate deconstructed utility skirt. Paneled throughout with reinforced top-stitching, our skirt has workwear carpenter straps, back patch pockets and a flexible back waistband. Dress it up or keep it casual, there’s no wrong way to wear it.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

There's no wrong way to wear it.
Wanna place a bet on that?
Pure hype, so bad it was actually good.
Steve.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

FLbreezy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:22 pm "Deconstructed Utility Skirt": https://clhu.com/products/decon-cargo-s ... 9543886031

Too long and too expensive for my taste, but I like the marketing on it anyway, and they show male models wearing it.
Gender Who? This skirt is amazing on everybody! We’ve taken the ClHu cargo lifestyle to the next level and made the ultimate deconstructed utility skirt. Paneled throughout with reinforced top-stitching, our skirt has workwear carpenter straps, back patch pockets and a flexible back waistband. Dress it up or keep it casual, there’s no wrong way to wear it.
Agreed. Any time a man is wearing a skirt in an advertisement, regardless of how drab or boring, that’s a win.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

FLbreezy wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 5:16 pm I don't hate it, but $110??!!

I generally loathe skorts because they're not comfortable, but these might be ok. I have a few pairs of terry shorts that I'll wear around the house sometimes that are pretty comfy but definitely not modest enough to wear in public.
Have you ever tried skorts from JWalking designs? I run in them and they are awesome. The ones for women are skorts. Mens are true skirts that of course they call a kilt to allow men to buy and wear
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

FLbreezy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:22 pm "Deconstructed Utility Skirt": https://clhu.com/products/decon-cargo-s ... 9543886031

Darn! When I saw the product title and then description I was thinking - oooh a knee / above knee length skirt with cargo pockets and a hammer loop - sort of like if you took a pair of construction pants and converted them into a skirt.

Not sure how practical it'd be on the "jobsite" - when I've work on construction projects my legs tend to get scratched/cut up if I wear a skirt, so haven't been constructing in one as of late.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

ScotL wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:59 am Have you ever tried skorts from JWalking designs? I run in them and they are awesome. The ones for women are skorts. Mens are true skirts that of course they call a kilt to allow men to buy and wear
I have one of their running "kilts" and used to wear it quite a lot when getting my morning walk in. I did get matching skirts for them for my wife and I but then we moved in the last year and they are packed away somewhere so I haven't actually had a chance to try them. The length looks a bit more to my preference.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

FLbreezy wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:46 am
ScotL wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:59 am Have you ever tried skorts from JWalking designs? I run in them and they are awesome. The ones for women are skorts. Mens are true skirts that of course they call a kilt to allow men to buy and wear
I have one of their running "kilts" and used to wear it quite a lot when getting my morning walk in. I did get matching skirts for them for my wife and I but then we moved in the last year and they are packed away somewhere so I haven't actually had a chance to try them. The length looks a bit more to my preference.
I’m really impressed by them. Like the skort better than the kilt-in-name-only. They are so much easier to run in. Seems they don’t have many left. Not sure if they’re going out of business but…
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

ScotL wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:01 pm I’m really impressed by them. Like the skort better than the kilt-in-name-only. They are so much easier to run in. Seems they don’t have many left. Not sure if they’re going out of business but…
I asked a year or so ago if they were doing any new patterns and the owner said she'd let me know. I'm guessing that like SkirtCraft, they get together enough funds to make a production run and then sell that out before doing another one. They are probably not getting enough sales to make it worthwhile. Bolder Athletic Wear in Lakeland FL makes them all in house and does a big volume of running skirts and customs.
lithaborn

Post by lithaborn »

Darn! When I saw the product title and then description I was thinking - oooh a knee / above knee length skirt with cargo pockets and a hammer loop - sort of like if you took a pair of construction pants and converted them into a skirt.

What you've described there is a utilikilt. Can't recommend them highly enough for pocket space. I'm not the heavy lifting, construction type so can't say how they fare in that environment but for everyday wear they're terrific.
Nunquam scienter normalis
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

FLb, I can't understand why you loathe skorts. The ones I have are super comfy and the built-in "knickers" are just as comfortable as normal underwear. Strange.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

lithaborn wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:24 pm

What you've described there is a utilikilt. Can't recommend them highly enough for pocket space. I'm not the heavy lifting, construction type so can't say how they fare in that environment but for everyday wear they're terrific.
Yeah, I realize that. I bought an Amerikilt when I was in college, but never really wore it. I'm not sure why I never bought a Utilikilt - I think I shied away from the "machismo" that the Utilikilt radiated. Look - I build things, I do even - dare I say it - macho things - but I don't think in that way. Like, "machoness" is something foreign to me and I just do what I want to do.
lithaborn

Post by lithaborn »

Lol I agree completely!

My other half bought me my utilikilt for my 40th. I've also never really bought into the machismo thing, if anything is the antithesis of what I try to do with my life but I like wearing it and all my tartan kilts despite - and maybe if I'm honest - because of the testosterone hit I feel in them, which is the opposite of the freedom and happiness I feel when I'm in a dress, skirt and heels.

It's an odd one, but then so am I 😁
Nunquam scienter normalis