What feminine items do you wear?

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: What feminine items do you wear?

Post by Sinned »

B&B, diabetes affects the induhvidual in unique ways. I've had it for over 20 years and am not showing any signs of numbness in either feet or hands. But then I have a really good control of my blood sugars. I can certainly feel the finger pricks sometimes, other times not. But then I am showing very early signs of retinopathy which, foe one who only has sight in one eye, is worrying.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
TheSkirtedMan
Member Extraordinaire

Post by TheSkirtedMan »

I openly invade the female wardrobe as a man. Assume that means all that I wear is feminine but I do not wear society labelled feminine shoes, I still prefer the society labelled mens shoes. Size 12 does not help even if I did.

I wear what I want because I like style, character and personality. As I believe in freedom of choice, expression and individuality applies to both sexes and object to unnecessary labels eg clothing for one, then I do not see what I wear as either feminine or masculine but simply clothes.
Be yourself because an original is worth more than a copy.
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

At 6' 4" and with a full beard, I'm far from feminine.
I now almost exclusively wear clothing from the women's department.
I do my shopping online at Venus, Torrid, Amazon, and others.
When the temperature turns cold I will abandon dresses, skirts, and shorts for leggings, yoga pants, and the occasional pair of jeans or palazzo pants

I have not bought something from a men's store in over 5 years. 8)
jamodu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamodu »

Regarding peripheral neuropathy; I’ve recently purchased 4 x pairs of Wolford Large 80 Denier ‘Leggings Tights’ from their outlet store. 1st time purchasers can get 15% discount once you’ve signed-up for an account.

https://www.wolfordshop.co.uk/outlet/re ... .7005.html

They are good for wearing in bed, if required, to alleviate peripheral neuropathy- as they don’t have the same bulk as if wearing ordinary Leggings - but they will afford the close skin contact that is required to relieve peripheral neuropathy.

I’ve also tried wearing the Wolford Leggings Tights under M&S Leggings during daytime during these colder days (with Socks). I’ve been out and about around my house - and no one has batted an eyelid - nor anyone that I’ve answered the door to.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Hmmm, I'm sort of like a bunch of the others.
I have a closet that is a mix of both men's and women's marketed clothing.

I gravitate on the male drab side of things.

If a man buys a skirt and only the man is the one to wear it, wouldn't it just be a man's skirt at that point?

I know that logic doesn't work in the world.
So since I am stuck wearing something from the other side of the asile. And can't break the association.
That would be skirts. Most are my skirts are cool colors. With belt loops, pockets, knee length.

Other items that I have a mix of are denim jeans and shorts. Plain Jain, no embelishments, no tears, cuts, patterns. Or design features that remotely say feminine. Bib shortalls (because apparently men don't wear shortalls) I guess I could buy bib cover alls and cut the legs off. But that seems to be extra work having to do the cutting and hemming.
I have some nice cool weather socks that came from the women's side.
I have one pair of leggings, however I hate them.
So I guess everything from the waist down is a mix of men's women's departments.
No shoes or boots from women's. No interest what so ever in foot wear, stockings.
No women's coats or jackets.
No wigs
No bras
No jewelry
No lipstick or nail polish

All of my shirts are mens, with one exception I do own a few women's turtle necks. 5 are solid colors. And 5 are Christmas prints. This is probably the only realm where I push the boundaries. It's almost nearly impossible to find men's turtle necks in some kind of print.

I just grab from the closet for the most part. Everything is pretty much intermixed.

Except for the skirts, they have their own hiding places. And are worn when the wife is not around.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

jamodu wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:29 am Regarding peripheral neuropathy; I’ve recently purchased 4 x pairs of Wolford Large 80 Denier ‘Leggings Tights’ from their outlet store. 1st time purchasers can get 15% discount once you’ve signed-up for an account.

https://www.wolfordshop.co.uk/outlet/re ... .7005.html

They are good for wearing in bed, if required, to alleviate peripheral neuropathy- as they don’t have the same bulk as if wearing ordinary Leggings - but they will afford the close skin contact that is required to relieve peripheral neuropathy.

I’ve also tried wearing the Wolford Leggings Tights under M&S Leggings during daytime during these colder days (with Socks). I’ve been out and about around my house - and no one has batted an eyelid - nor anyone that I’ve answered the door to.
Hmmm, apart from itchy skin in various places and a frustrating lack of feeling in my fingers, so far my neuropathy isn't doing anything else to me. I had heard on diabetic forums of diabetic socks and had to ask what they were for. Sounds like (diabetic) neuropathy can be bad! I haven't heard of other causes but I am sure there are some.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
GerdG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by GerdG »

Very few, I should say.
All my tops are from the men’s section and so is my footwear except for a few boots. I seldom wear tights, but when, they are from women’s side, because cheaper and no visible difference.
Most of the time, I’m in kilts, but I do have some short skirts, including skater skirts which I will wear under my kilts – or I will drop the kilt and just wear the skirt.
On my feet I’ll sometimes wear women’s knee-high socks or folded down over-knees from H&M, being them much more comfortable in summer than thick kilt hose and they stay up without need of garters.

I'm thinking of starting wearing jewellery, like bracelets or necklaces/collars but they could be men's items, even if they probably are still female connotated.
GerdG

There ARE viable alternatives to trousers.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

I was ignoring this thread, however, most of my skirts are marketed as women's skirts, so I do wear feminine items I suppose. Nothing else though. Never felt the desire and as someone who is well over 6 foot and large framed, if I did find feminine items I wanted to wear and that actually fitted me, I would look more like a gorilla in a tutu!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
BFTights

Post by BFTights »

Tights, opaque and shear and skirts, denim, cord and utility kilts. Everything else tends to be more conventionally male. Like many I don’t think clothes have a gender and the way society has defined them defies logic. Also like many Im mot brave enough to confront the prejudices of my wife and family. If I could do that Id wear what I want full time.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

I just wear skirts that's it really. Well I do wear tights occasionally. Tights are cool .
Thre is one thing I would like wear but have not found one yet: a jumper. Mens jumpers are nearly all quite long. When you wear one with a skirt it creates a bit of a strange look like you have a long body and short legs. I thought a tank top would do the job so bought a ladies tank top. Thr neck was such a deep V it looked awful on me. I also dont anything cropped. Crop tops anything is not a good look for me. It has to be somewhere in between. I'll keep looking.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Barleymower wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:52 pmI thought a tank top would do the job so bought a ladies tank top. Thr neck was such a deep V it looked awful on me.
Look for a different design. I have a couple of very nice-looking camisole tops that I've been known to wear as "outerwear" in the summer months, and neither of those have a deep "V" to show off cleavage (which, needless to say, I do not have). Those, along with a short skirt in summer seem to be readily accepted -- somewhat to my surprise.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Feminine/Masculine, frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.
All that I wear is Mine, all mine.
I am inveterate browser and don't give much attention to the "boundaries".
Oddly knitwear is one thing I have found easily in terms of style and fit.
More importantly the scope is more than doubled for design and colour.
Other thing is that the male stuff comes in at a higher price point too.
It really is just a case of time, experimentation and, of course, money!
Steve.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

There are plenty of times I wear dresses. When I go out in public I wear a bra (cup size DD). My hair is below shoulder length. And when I wear a dress to church I wear makeup and heels.
Does anybody consider me a sissy? No way. I can sing notes below the bass staff. And there are times when I am the only bass singer in the church choir. I'm able to make myself heard over many women singing the soprano and alto parts.

John