Who What Wear: Brad Pitt Just Wore a Skirt on the Red Carpet and Pulled It Off With Ease

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Who What Wear: Brad Pitt Just Wore a Skirt on the Red Carpet and Pulled It Off With Ease

Post by Grok »

Brad Pitt wouldn't look half bad in that outfit, if it was a bit more tidy. With the jacket and skirt combination it looks almost as if he is wearing a skirt suit.
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Who What Wear: Brad Pitt Just Wore a Skirt on the Red Carpet and Pulled It Off With Ease

Post by new2skirts »

STEVIE wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:21 pm
new2skirts wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:59 pm Exactly this. Men's wardrobes are predictable, suits for formal, chinos or jeans for everything else, plus shorts or sports wear. Kilts for weddings or formal work events, or wanting to be dressy. A guy wouldn't wear something over the top or flamboyant at risk of work, if guys did wear skirts they would be in the regular drab gray navy blue, black... or a trusty denim pencil, knee length
I wear various styles of skirts and dresses in the office every day.
new2skirts wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:59 pm Guys have so many other interests, sports, cars, football / soccer etc... so less likely to spend a fortune on their wardrobe. For us who have an expanded wardrobe, it can be more challenging with other accessories, such as underwear, stockings or tights, shoes, bags, etc... most guys will not want the aggro of keeping a spare pair of hold ups in their bag if the elastic goes or if it ladders
This guy doesn't and I have spare tights on hand too.
new2skirts wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:59 pm So blending in is a default option. Many also in the Daily Mail criticized Pitt's choice of skirt, rather than the skirt itself as it looked like a rag to quote some. A nice Thome Browne or Fendi skirt like EJ Johnson would have gained more traction. Even a simple Zara jean skirt would have sufficed
Still does not apply to me!
Sorry NTS but you have fallen right in with the Man Box stereotyping that we are really striving to overcome.
I will agree with your male colour preferences, I have struggled to overcome that one. Sixty years of brainwashing is not overcome lightly!
My thoughts are still that Brad Pitt made the same mistake in his choice.
Yeah, look at me in my skirt but I really am still the hunky virile macho alpha male that I have always known I am.
Sure thing Mr Pitt, sir, whatever you say must be correct because you are a mega mega film star!
Steve.
Steve, you are correct, I have, but that's as I am a guy! Most are not as flamboyant as us who have an expanded wardrobe, so in order to reach out to them, it would be baby steps, such as the typical men's colours, and less feminine styles of skirt. A typucal straight, boxy or pencil style may suit some, or even pleated so it resembles a kilt, or at knee length like shorts. I generally prefer a pleated or pencil style. Sometimes an A line but it's what I feel comfortable in.

Thom Browne and Fendi are sought after, but expensive... most guys could wear the sh*t out of a pair of jeans, without washing them as it's just a go to piece of clothing, and may not adjust to our wardrobe plus accessories. These are facts, that most might find it hard to adapt. As I said, it was the type of skirt more than the wearing of a skirt. Rappers like A$AP Rocky and Yung Thug, and musicians like Harry Styles have worn a skirt without many problems...

Mr Pitt said it's "All About the Breeze" but a linen type of rag (which he did not wear the following day in London despite being hotter) did look scruffy...
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

new2skirts wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:10 pm Mr Pitt said it's "All About the Breeze" but a linen type of rag (which he did not wear the following day in London despite being hotter) did look scruffy...
I doubt actors wear the same outfit days in a row, and to wear a skirt two days in a row would be even more shocking. Shame he didn’t, but ah well.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

Saw this on Instagram, I don't watch TV but this announcer on an E! Entertainment network show wore a skirt for Brad Pitt day, whatever that was. :D
Screenshot_20220802-190910.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

FLbreezy wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:25 pm Saw this on Instagram, I don't watch TV but this announcer on an E! Entertainment network show wore a skirt for Brad Pitt day, whatever that was.
Please tell me he hasn't been canonized.
Steve
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

STEVIE wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:18 pm
FLbreezy wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:25 pm Saw this on Instagram, I don't watch TV but this announcer on an E! Entertainment network show wore a skirt for Brad Pitt day, whatever that was.
Please tell me he hasn't been canonized.
Steve
It's too early for that, plus there's a process. Probably won't happen in any of our lifetimes, but stranger things have happened :D
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Hmmmm
"Saint Brad of the Hol(l)y Woods"?
Wholly responsible for the miracle of Skirt Transformation.
Nope, so wrong.
Steve
rivegauche
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rivegauche »

I think to be canonised you first need to be deid. Nope not a typo. Scottish word - much more expressive than its English counterpart.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

STEVIE wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:18 pm Please tell me he hasn't been canonized.
Steve
You mean "shot out of a cannon?" :lol:
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

rivegauche wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:43 am I think to be canonised you first need to be deid. Nope not a typo. Scottish word - much more expressive than its English counterpart.
Aye Rivegauche, yer richt eneugh. Fit a feel am I min?
Hooiver, Mr Pitt is nae the same as ither fowk and yon Pope manny 'll ignore at!
FLbreezy wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:46 pm You mean "shot out of a cannon?"
I guess that will depend on the calibre of his balls.

He has certainly been outdone by this one, so wrong on many levels. Improved vision, not always a blessing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

The "skirts" that men in ancient civilisations wore were just as gender oriented as trousers are today.
Back then a guy in the currently fashionable tennis skirt would actually have raised less comment than had it been on a girl.
The assertion that he has "rocked the look for years" is a bit of hype really.
Sadly, by the very nature of the storylines , the "look" becomes a bit less attractive, even sinister.
Men in skirts who rape, murder and pillage because that is what is expected of "real" men in skirts and that is okay, even praiseworthy.
Some folk would even apply that same criteria to more recent military uniforms, go figure?
In that context his red carpet offering just became more attractive to me.
Mr Izzard on the other hand.................?
That is drifted far enough, the macho/masculine debate rightly belongs elsewhere.
Steve.
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

I think Eddie Izzard will find a workable feminine style once they have sorted themselves out, having looked reasonably stylish as a man and pioneered a range of non-binary options.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

STEVIE wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:23 am Men ... who rape, murder and pillage because that is what is expected of "real" men ... and that is okay, even praiseworthy.
Rape, murder, and pillage, and you get fear, not praise. Fear is powerful and can in some cases get you what you want, but it's not going to get you real admirers, just sycophants trying to ride your coattails. It may let you consolidate power, but it will not get people to love you.

Hollywood may romanticize monstrous people, but that's not the way it works in real life.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Dust wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:31 am Hollywood may romanticize monstrous people, but that's not the way it works in real life.
Sure, but men wearing "skirts" in ancient times wasn't real life either.