Merry Christmas

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Dick Ackerman
Member Extraordinaire

Merry Christmas

Post by Dick Ackerman »

Merry Christmas and or Happy Holidays.
From Rainy and snowy New Hampshire USA

Dick Ackerman
Dick-12-25-21e-web.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by Fred in Skirts »

And a Merry Christmas back at ya. Dick!! From sunny but cool South Carolina.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Merry Christmas from overcast Floriginia...

(It seems we're having a Flordia Christmas this year! :wink: )
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Merry Christmas all!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Surprised Dick isn't out by his infinity pool. Well, It's all over bar the shouting now and it's been very quiet with us. Hosed with rain all day, so no dog-walking. Forecast better for tomorrow.
Preposterous presents.... A lady friend produced this ginormous ceramic German tankard. The sort young Kraut bloods quaff gallons, sorry, liters of Pils out of. Those days are gone for me now. Nice thought, though.

Woolly jumper is also a prezzy....not quite the same blue as my denim bottom, but what the hell!

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

When I tested the links I got a message that the videos aren't available anymore. Sorry about that.
miloshlavka
Distinguished Member

Post by miloshlavka »

I wish Merry Christmas too.
Miloš
Everyone should be honest and prudent: to keep promises and, on principle, never to promise anything to anyone.
Sorry for my English. I try not to make spelling mistakes, but for this reason my writing is very slow.

Miloš H., Nový Knín, Central Bohemia
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

And may you all have a grand Boxing Day too, to top it off.
Cheers, FG
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Faldaguy wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:53 am And may you all have a grand Boxing Day too, to top it off.
Cheers, FG
What does one do on Boxing Day? Fight? Throw out all the packaging from your Christmas presents? We don't have this day in America...
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Long ago in Britain well-heeled people with little else to do would call round to friends' houses and deliver little greeting cards on the day after Christmas Day. This became widely practiced and people placed a little special box outside their doors for people to put their greetings in and so that day became known as boxing Day.

The religious appellation for December 26th is the feast of St. Stephen as referred to in the carol 'Good King Wenceslas'.

In Ireland December 26th is (St.) Stephen's Day, never Boxing Day.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Thanks for the history lesson. Do people still put out the little boxes? Or hand deliver cards?

I did know about the Feast of Steven, glad it's still known that way in Ireland.

But more importantly, can a man be considered "well-heeled" without wearing high heels?
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

Dust wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:07 am
Faldaguy wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:53 am And may you all have a grand Boxing Day too, to top it off.
Cheers, FG
What does one do on Boxing Day? Fight? Throw out all the packaging from your Christmas presents? We don't have this day in America...
It is the day after Christmas Day, and my understanding is that it was the day when you would you would distribute boxes (gifts) to your servants, or to the poor. The OED says that this usage goes back to the 17th Century.

In the UK, it is a public holiday.

Myself, I'm more puzzled that boxing has come to mean punching people.