Chicken Daddies

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Chicken Daddies

Post by FLbreezy »

Kirbstone wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:35 am I just buy whopping big sacks of mixed corn and layers' pellets which we keep in large compartmented metal bins. I also built and maintain the impressive tall fencing to keep the little critters where they should be, also the coops where they spend nights safe from predators.
We recently moved out to a handful of acres in the country and my wife is warming up to the idea of setting up a chicken coop and pen for eggs. I guess I'm a future Chicken Daddy. :)
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

I remember when the Target thing went around - here and a few other sites I follow - and I immediately went searching for the dresses featured because I love prairie dresses more than anything. Sadly, I never found any in my (enormous) size.

I do have the blue dress on the cover of that chicken calendar, though. It's the Lindy Bop "Lydia" style, not cotton but a kind of silky polyester blend. Feels great!
Ralph!
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Coder wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:33 pm
moonshadow wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:02 pm Hey... I've got a barn... :lol:
A slightly more important question: Do you have chickens?
Aargh! Milligan, what have you done to me? I read that and the first thought is a Milligan sketch, I wonder if it is on YouTube, pause while I search. Aha! found it, about 17 minutes into the episode: https://youtu.be/qJjtod6Xqtw

I loved Spike Milligan and John Bluthal working together, comedy legends. I think "There's a Lot of it About" was some of Spikes best work on TV.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

The more I think of chickens the less I need to be reminded of my late ex-'s waning days... {shudder}
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!