World leaders and skirts and apparently a conversation on Scotland becoming separate from the United Kingdom 😏

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Epiceneguy
Distinguished Member

World leaders and skirts and apparently a conversation on Scotland becoming separate from the United Kingdom 😏

Post by Epiceneguy »

So I was thinking, what if skirts and dresses were the actual 'norm' for guys, say from the suffragettes movement we get a few nice spin-offs!
So how do you envisage our politicians or the great and the good???
For example I could easily see Winston Churchill with a bustle dress, Emmanuel Macron in a smart just above the knee suit skirt, Cameron I'm guessing would go for something similar but not quite as daring and go for below the knee, JFK I could see in something short maybe a mini skirt, Trump something full length (he'd be too worried about being treated how he treated women, 😆), Obama something incredibly stylish and chic, Jeremy Corbyn a long woolly number, Mandela a sarong of some sort and Boris trying to bring back hoop skirts 🤔.
So bit of fun any other ideas.......
Last edited by Epiceneguy on Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
When life gives you lemons, slice them and put them into your G&T!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: World leaders and skirts

Post by Sinned »

How about Harry in a green bib dress with pale green tights? And Meagain in an orange jumpsuit? Kate is stylish enough and wears dresses most of the time but William? A blue 50's style dress with the flared skirt and petticoats? Charles? Well, I'm sorry but I can't see Charles in anything other than a tartan knee-length skirt, sage green thick tights, with a matching jacket of fashionable length. A white blouse with the front ruffle. Princess Anne is like another Charles but with a sense of fun. So how about a country style outfit? Long broomstick flowery skirt, rustic tunic and a brown waistcoat. Boots, definitely boots. Brown Doc Martins type.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
rivegauche
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rivegauche »

I wondered about Boris. Now I can't get the image of Boris dressed like Miriam Margoyles out of my head - thanks for that. Easier to see male leaders in dresses than Angela Merkel in one! Eddie Izzard is planning to go into politics and has said he will wear the sort of outfits that female politicians wear, but Eddie has now gone over to the she/her/hers brigade. I think part of the problem in imagining UK male politicians in dresses and skirts is that they look so odd to begin with even in male suits - Boris, Gove, Matt Hancock. Rishi Sunak looks reasonably well presented and would look great in any dress or skirt suit so long as he avoided a nipped in waist and a flared knee-length skirt - I don't think this shape works for men.
Epiceneguy
Distinguished Member

Post by Epiceneguy »

Oh my god, I'd forgotten about Michael Gove, the guy looks like aliens have attempted to reverse engineer humans 😆 .
If you put guys like him into skirts it would set back male rights by 100 years 🤔
When life gives you lemons, slice them and put them into your G&T!
howardfh
Member Extraordinaire

Post by howardfh »

Took years for a gay politician to come out, and now the number is way loads in the House. Doesn't mean I agree with their policies if they aren't my party, but glad to see them there.

I was hoping transvestite Eddie Izzard would stand for Parliament! But we need someone young and ready to push all the stereotypes (and get us back in the youknowwhat) and if they did, they would probably come from the Greens or Libdems.
Bodycon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bodycon »

howardfh wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:16 pm I was hoping transvestite Eddie Izzard would stand for Parliament! But we need someone young and ready to push all the stereotypes (and get us back in the youknowwhat) and if they did, they would probably come from the Greens or Libdems.
The issue / problem with the Eddie Izzard type of (celebrity) person is that they are a one-off and seen a such, therefore they or what they wear is not going to be seen as setting any kind of trend, but bucking a trend and part of the persona. People will accept that, but not see it as an alternative norm.

What is actually needed is several high profile skirt wearers, who are not personalities or one-offs, but seen as who / what they are first and skirt wearers second. In that way you normalise skirt wearing to not being THE thing, just a thing. TV host, weatherman, CEO of Bigcorp etc.

Maybe we (as a group) should start planning something for International Skirt Day to find a way to present skirt wearing for men. I have no idea if it has been tried before, but I'll start a topic for that and see if it can go anywhere.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Sinned, Talking about Harry and Meghan, I was sent this (photoshopped) pic of them both - not sure if it's been posted here.
IMG-20210227-WA0000.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

skirtingtoday wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:04 am Sinned, Talking about Harry and Meghan, I was sent this (photoshopped) pic of them both
What makes you think it was photoshopped?
pleated
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pleated »

Stu wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:34 pm
skirtingtoday wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:04 am Sinned, Talking about Harry and Meghan, I was sent this (photoshopped) pic of them both
I generally don't have much time for royals, but it seems obvious to me-
https://tomandlorenzo.com/wp-content/up ... te-15B.jpg
pleated
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pleated »

rivegauche wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:13 am I wondered about Boris. Now I can't get the image of Boris dressed like Miriam Margoyles out of my head - thanks for that. Easier to see male leaders in dresses than Angela Merkel in one! Eddie Izzard is planning to go into politics and has said he will wear the sort of outfits that female politicians wear, but Eddie has now gone over to the she/her/hers brigade. I think part of the problem in imagining UK male politicians in dresses and skirts is that they look so odd to begin with even in male suits - Boris, Gove, Matt Hancock. Rishi Sunak looks reasonably well presented and would look great in any dress or skirt suit so long as he avoided a nipped in waist and a flared knee-length skirt - I don't think this shape works for men.
Irrespective of what they wear it would be great if they did an honest job instead of lining their pockets.
However, since the issue has been raised maybe Boris could go for the 'Peppa Pig' look.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Sorry, Haza and Meagain and "honest job" just don't occur in the same sentence. Meme isn't exactly popular over here. Mine strew, in the photo [0] they look as gormless as each other.

[0] Either photo.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
pleated
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pleated »

Sinned wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:16 pm Sorry, Haza and Meagain and "honest job" just don't occur in the same sentence. Meme isn't exactly popular over here. Mine strew, in the photo [0] they look as gormless as each other.

[0] Either photo.
My suggestion of an "honest job" was not in relation to those two, or any of that extended family. It was a reference to the lack of honesty among politicians.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

pleated wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:44 amMy suggestion of an "honest job" was not in relation to those two, or any of that extended family.
It was a reference to the lack of honesty among politicians.
Question :?:

When did 'honesty' and 'politicians' belong in the same sentence :?:
I thought these words, or concepts, never got along with each other :D

:rofl:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

pleated wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:48 pm I generally don't have much time for royals, but it seems obvious to me-
https://tomandlorenzo.com/wp-content/up ... te-15B.jpg
Err.... I was joking... :D
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Stu wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:34 pm
Reasons - fairly obvious, Harry is at least 6" TALLER than Meghan. Also, why has this not made headlines elsewhere?
rs_1200x1200-201009144624-1200.2-meghan-harry-david-foster-katharine-mcphee.date-night-ls.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels