LightHeart Gear skirt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

LightHeart Gear skirt

Post by photoguy207 »

I recently purchased a black and a grey skirt from Lightheart Gear.

https://lightheartgear.com/products/hik ... -pockets-1

You can see my review on their site. Check it out.
Mike
Member Extraordinaire

Re: LightHeart Gear skirt

Post by Mike »

That's a pretty cool skirt!
Mike

Who the hell is 'society' anyway?
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Promo video even has a bearded dude wearing one.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

I like their dress. It is very Star Trek styled.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

I found that rather interesting.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Stevej180

Post by Stevej180 »

That skirt looks good, and others that I keep seeing that are sold primarily in the US. I wish we had more suppliers in the UK.... I know you can order from overseas but I'm always nervous about whether things would actually arrive and what customs duties might be added. Does anyone know? I'd go for the Purple Rain adventure skirt if it wasn't extortionate.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

I think it's extortionate already at US$ 96 a pop. For that you only get 18 inches and any 'custom hemline' costs another 35 bucks. That's all before they add carriage (prob. another 25 squids) & Lord knows what Excise costs on delivery as well.
For all this you get a very ordinary bit of cloth with tack-on nasty cargo pockets. Altogether a right old No-No.

I'd prefer to look through the Department store 'Sale items' racks under size 16 ladies, which fit me & pick up something a lot smarter & 23" long for a fewQuid.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

Stevej180 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:48 pm That skirt looks good, and others that I keep seeing that are sold primarily in the US. I wish we had more suppliers in the UK.... I know you can order from overseas but I'm always nervous about whether things would actually arrive and what customs duties might be added. Does anyone know? I'd go for the Purple Rain adventure skirt if it wasn't extortionate.
According to this,
https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty
the present position appears to be that you don't pay duty or VAT so long as the value of the parcel, including the cost of delivery and insurance, is less than £135. Mysteriously, gifts are treated differently.

If you're liable for duty, the Royal Mail will collect it from you before releasing the parcel, and will add a charge of £8 for performing that onerous task.

But I'm happy to report that a skirt I ordered from Purple Rain arrived last month without any fees to pay. It took its time getting here, though, touring the US (anticlockwise) in a series of hops between airports and sorting centres before losing contact with the USPS's tracking system and finally showing up here unheralded after about a fortnight. But I'm delighted with it :-)
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

A good practical looking skirt.
Unfortunately not for me; having to pay an extra $65 for shortening by 3", the Aus exchange rate, 10% tax and postage would bring it over A$250.
Their "Fleece" skirt is more my style at 14" and $40.
https://lightheartgear.com/collections/ ... 0860786767
Unusual to have such good pockets on a short skirt. The fleece is from a plastic sheep, which will wash and dry well but adding micro plastic particles to our environment.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

denimini wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:14 am Their "Fleece" skirt is more my style at 14" and $40.
https://lightheartgear.com/collections/ ... 0860786767
Unusual to have such good pockets on a short skirt. The fleece is from a plastic sheep, which will wash and dry well but adding micro plastic particles to our environment.
Well you can't have everything..... :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

Generally, a good thing. Like Tom, the price is too high for me. I have several thrift store/bargain rack skirts that have similar features. It looks to fit into the same market as the Elkomando kilt. The dress is also interesting.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

I checked out the video and the website.

There is definitely a guy in the video wearing the skirt.
However the skirt is only listed on the women's side of the website. No skirt listed on the men's page.

I like the look and style of the skirt. And 6 pockets!!
But definitely the price is a non starter. I have not paid that much for any of my kilts, and certainly won't pay that much for a skirt. Maby one day I will get lucky and find one second hand on eBay or at a good will for a realistic price. At that price, I'd be afraid to hike in it, I might get it dirty or tear it. I'd rather do that to one of my under 10.00 skirts.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
e2k2houck

Post by e2k2houck »

I have been wearing the "Lightheart Gear" skirts since November. First let me say I really LOVE them. I now have at least one in every color. I hike, backpack, mountain climb and wear them every day, They fit great, are very comfortable, perfect length and the pockets are amazing. I have traveled to N.Y. twice and they are all I have packed. I have never had anybody say one negative thing and nothing but compliments on wearing them. Top quality fabrics and construction. I have never regretted buying them and am waiting for the new colors to come out. If you are on the fence just buy one, I promos you wont be sorry. If I knew how to post my pictures in them I would. but if you want to check out my FB page you will see me and my @lightheartgear skirts in action. Eric
e2k2houck

Post by e2k2houck »

Stevej180 wrote:
> That skirt looks good, and others that I keep seeing that are sold
> primarily in the US. I wish we had more suppliers in the UK.... I know you
> can order from overseas but I'm always nervous about whether things would
> actually arrive and what customs duties might be added. Does anyone know?
> I'd go for the Purple Rain adventure skirt if it wasn't extortionate.
Hey Steve, I have 3 of the "purple rain adventure" skirts. they are really nice. For me the Lightheart work better for hiking and every day. The Purple rain skirts seam to better for running, for me anyway. both are great skirts and fit and work well for us men.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Sorry but for those prices, I can get a Standard, Stillwaterkilt with a proper 24" length.
I'm not paying an additional $65.00 to add 5 inches to the length. :twisted:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)