Out and About -- In the World at Large

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Out and About -- In the World at Large

Post by Kirbstone »

Great dramatic picture, AmE. The hat tops the outfit off a treat. Trying to place that view and need your info. where it is. A Lot of hills &c but no feature like for instance, the Matterhorn or the Great Wall of China in view.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Absentmindedeagle

Post by Absentmindedeagle »

It's on top of Bearwallow Mountain in western NC, south of Asheville. Always a good spot for a breeze.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Looking it up, that's a great lot of trails you have there. Bearwallow stands some 800 feet taller than our highest and nearly as high as Ben Nevis, highest in Scotland.
Latitude makes a big difference. At just 35-odd degrees North, that places it South of the S. coast of Turkey/Asia Minor, where it's hot as hell for much of the year. Hence your lush lawn on the top. Our highest are at Ca. 52 degrees N., which is a LOT chillier and the terrain is markedly more barren (Pic). No-one in their right mind would venture up there in a floaty skirt!

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

In town yesterday and the phrase "dress code violation" drifted across the breeze. Whether it was a comment on my denim skirt, or just part of a conversation between two people, I don't know. But I thought "Yeah, perhaps I am violating the unwritten dress code - good, another poke in the eye for society!"
Charlie
(Who was accused of being 'one of the herd' by a teacher at school many, many years ago, and has been contrary ever since :D )
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Charlie wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 10:20 am
In town yesterday and the phrase "dress code violation" drifted across the breeze. Whether it was a comment on my denim skirt, or just part of a conversation between two people, I don't know. But I thought "Yeah, perhaps I am violating the unwritten dress code - good, another poke in the eye for society!"
Charlie
(Who was accused of being 'one of the herd' by a teacher at school many, many years ago, and has been contrary ever since :D )
What is this "Dress Code Violation" ?
What happened to a "SKIRT Code Violation" ?
Who or what was violated in wearing the unbifurcated clothing ?
Was it something incomplete - incompatible - unimaginable ?
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

r.m.anderson wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 12:17 pm
Charlie wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 10:20 am
Charlie
What is this "Dress Code Violation" ?
What happened to a "SKIRT Code Violation" ?
Who or what was violated in wearing the unbifurcated clothing ?
Was it something incomplete - incompatible - unimaginable ?
Maybe they were just skirting the issue.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

I can remember when certain establishments forbade the wearing of jeans or trainers.
Indeed, some places insisted on male patrons wearing ties.
In my own office the wearing of denim was not allowed in any form.
Charlie, I rather suspect that the comment was not directed at you unless you were somewhere that there was such a stricture?
I was out and about today and even got a compliment. "Quite dashing and handsome too". Unfortunately from an old acquaintance who is a cheeky chappy and not an eligible lady alas!
Steve.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

STEVIE wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 6:31 pm
I was out and about today and even got a compliment. "Quite dashing and handsome too". Unfortunately from an old acquaintance who is a cheeky chappy and not an eligible lady alas!
Doesn't that often seem to be the case, although it's usually from a lass who's "already taken".
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

crfriend wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 10:15 pm
Doesn't that often seem to be the case, although it's usually from a lass who's "already taken".
All too often Carl but I got another one today.
This came from a very pretty girl who is definitely not taken.
She loved my hat.
The pity is that it came second hand to me from her Grandmother,
Such good taste from a five year old was not what I expected today.
Grandma is very attractive but certainly not eligible.
Such is life.
Steve.
MrSoapsud

Post by MrSoapsud »

The last 2 Sundays I've plucked up the courage to wear to church an Olive green "hiking kilt", bought in the Union Kilts closing down sale. Nobody died!
One friend asked if it was an army kilt, then asked if I was wearing anything underneath - groan!
Another queried whether it was actually a kilt and commented that he was "entitled" to wear one through his Irish ancestry. I pointed out that actually, anyone can wear one!
MOH seems to cope with me wearing the kilt but not with "skirts", mainly I think because she doesn't like wearing them!
Progress I guess...
Kieran

Post by Kieran »

The recent warm weather here in the UK has gave me the opportunity to break out the skirts again.
I recently visited a number of places in one of my denim skirts (just above knee length) including a local shopping centre, supermarket, DIY store and out and about on a walk and didn't really get the impression that anyone noticed me. To a certain extent i was expecting wearing a skirt to make me really stand out but that didn't seem to be the case. May have been to do with wearing a denim skirt?