Great Kilt video

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Great Kilt video

Post by Jim »

I enjoyed this YouTube video on the great kilt:

The Great Kilt -ULTIMATE SURVIVAL BLANKET?
- Outdoor Clothing & Shelter in ONE Multifunctional Cloth

https://youtu.be/YbAKRffKsPs
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Great Kilt video

Post by Kirbstone »

Interesting video, Jim. I notice however that the bloke wears a full-body coverage top & bottom in another material and this 'Great Kilt' blanket is only an outer protective layer.
There is a great Scottish film out there, 'Rob Roy' with Liam Neeson playing the chief protagonist. A great story and descriptive of the times in Scotland, Neeson uses the great kilt to very practical effect throughout the film.

From my own very brief summer experience up there in the Highlands a close-fitting base layer covering one's entire skin would be THE most important thing to protect from the ferocious clouds of tiny biting midges swarming everywhere during their short relative warm Season. Any sort of kilt or cloak &c can be worn over the top of this.
The protection we used looked like a bee-keeper's netting, just to allow us go outside at all during July. That's the precise reason why the Scots don't sit out on their (non-existent) terraces drinking sundowners in the long balmy Summer evenings......They'd be eaten alive!!

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !