I have a little problem

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
BobM
Member Extraordinaire

I have a little problem

Post by BobM »

As I have aged I have tended toward below the knee skirts. My problem is this: my wife has been raiding my closet. I'm happy to share, but I never get my skirts back. But if mama is happy, I'm happy. The other day we were out shopping and we ran into a friend of hers who admired her ( my! ) mid calf fake suede skirt. She says, "Oh, thanks, but it's Bobs', I just borrowed it". The woman was slightly nonplussed, but covered it nicely. I thought it was a hoot.
Ordained Deacon and Ruling Elder, Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Re: I have a little problem

Post by nzfreestyler »

Nice BobM.

good thing is you and yours are open about your skirt wearing.
Dare I say it but women are more into clothing and appreciate style more than most fellas do... and so they will raid clothes - and they will share clothes and accessories. This is more normal for them than for fellas.

My neighbour is a single professional woman and she and I have borrowed clothes from each other. We're pretty much the same size clothes except her shoe is half size smaller than I wear. She's become a good friend over the years.

NZF
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

I've lost a few of my skirts to my wife. Once in a while she has offered something 'in exchange'! It is hard to complain given there are more skirts on my side of the closet than hers, and she wears them better than I ever will, but there are times I'm tempted to raid her closet, but that seems a bridge too far. She kindly supports my choice and sometimes even offers a clue on style or top matching, but mostly leaves it to me; as we have pretty much both been 'it is your body -- not my place to say what or where...' but compliments oft get repeats of the outfit or additions that follow the pattern. I think having a spouse that will share your wardrobe -- if it is mostly one-way, is compliment enough to offset the occasional "loss" of a skirt or dress. H... NZF, I'd bloody raid your closet too!
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Faldaguy wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 4:17 am H... NZF, I'd bloody raid your closet too!
ha ha thanks. Actually I've raided/borrowed an off shoulder dress from Claire and more recently one of her playsuits (for a boating trip where I wanted a nice high cut leg without the mini skirt/panty issues).
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Heh! And what a vexing problem to have too! :lol:
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I wish all problems were so nice.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
BobM
Member Extraordinaire

Post by BobM »

We are coming up on 34 years together. One of the most important things we have learned is that in a marriage a certain amount of elbow room is essential. Without it destructive friction is inevitable. Even back in the 90's, when this was Tom's Cafe, Jean would sometimes make my day by buying me a new skirt. All these years later she still does 98% of my clothes shopping, and regards my skirts no differently than shorts. We are still in love, and one reason why is that we respect our differences. Are we perfect, never falling out? Νο, of course not. What we are, are two people comfortable in our own skins.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Faldaguy, why not just agree to having the skirts ( and maybe other clothes ) as clothes in common to be used by either of you. Simples! Problem solved.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

BobM wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:47 pmWe are coming up on 34 years together. One of the most important things we have learned is that in a marriage a certain amount of elbow room is essential.
Indeed.

This missive reminds me of precisely how much I lost in July of 2015 when my ex's brain shorted out and she tried to get me killed. She almost did with me, and did with my cat. The weight of that still sits on my heart with the weight of a tombstone.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
BobM
Member Extraordinaire

Post by BobM »

CR, I hate that for you. Some things hurt the body, but some rip at the soul. When the "one flesh" of marriage is torn apart there are no words to describe the anguish. Time does not heal that sort of wound, but it does let it subside to a dull ache.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

BobM, It'noce to see that relationships may exist for decades in good harmony while to often no investment has been made in order to save the union. In situations as described by CR, situations which have a long impact on ones well being, a seperation is the best option, eventhough it takes time to look back and conclude such with hind sight.