Why do mens kilts have to look so masculine

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Why do mens kilts have to look so masculine

Post by STEVIE »

Skirts, kilts, dresses, trousers or ballet tutus, no damn clothes make you any more or less than the MAN that you actually are!
Don't fall for it, that outdated b***S***t has held us back for too long already.
Steve.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

I must admit, wearing the full formal outfit, I feel like a hundred dollars! Apart from job interviews (don't think there will be any more of those, I have now given up), when I want to be formal, it is the kilt outfit every time!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Hi B&B
Sure the whole formal outfit is ultra smart and highly striking too but so is a good tuxedo suit and even top hat and tails.
I'd reckon that you would be the same genial bloke in any one of them or a lot more besides.
Steve.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

I enjoy all clothing styles - I like the tailoring and detail in formal attire. I do still have 2 nice mens suits in the spare room (3 piece and 2 piece) that I never wear. I prefer a tailored skirt suit now - I like the lines of a skirt suit much more than a pant suit. I wear skirt suits a lot - I have 8 skirt suits vs 4 pant suits (2 womens pant suits with that better leg cut I prefer, and 2 mens suits from circa 2005 that I have kept)

My clothing doesn't change who I am - but I feel better wearing what I feel I want to wear. For me it means a skirt....

I feel invincible in a statement skirt and/or statement shoes.

I have never worn a 'proper' kilt out - I tried one on me - very heavy feeling and unlined... I think I would like a plaid or a tartan inspired pencil/straight skirt for that shirt/blouse and fitted skirt look that I really like. I think a skirt needs to be lined for comfort so it moves and doesn't gather on you.