Test Positive for COVID-19

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
pleated
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Test Positive for COVID-19

Post by pleated »

I had the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine on Sunday at a mass vaccination centre set up in part of a university 3 miles away. The whole procedure was very streamlined and efficient.
I had some soreness and stiffness in my upper arm from Sunday night for about 15 to 18 hours, but no other negative effects.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Look what we got in the mail the other day... (unsolicited)
epochtimes.jpg
Where was this last April when we were running out of toilet paper?? :twisted:

It was actually addressed to the previous occupant of the home... Mr. Avent... WILL YOU PLEASE PUT IN A DAMNED CHANGE OF ADDRESS... WE TIRE OF GETTING YOUR COLLECTION MAIL!!! We get SO MUCH OF IT, we actually purchased a "RETURN TO SENDER" stamper to take to the mailbox every. single. day!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

I’ve not heard of this newspaper. A quick Wikipedia search suggests it’s a far right media outlet that is anti-vaccine and supports QAnon.

I can understand your comments now...
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:51 amWhere was this last April when we were running out of toilet paper?? :twisted:
That's not even fit to line a parrot-cage with...
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Carl, I actually do use old newspapers to line my parrot cage. Sometimes I think she takes a dislike to the page contents as she reaches her beak through the cage bottom and rips the paper to shreds.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Yeah, I guess these rags went out to every house in southwest Virginia.... grrrrreat.... as if this region wasn't bat sh!t crazy right wing enough....

As soon as we get some rain I've got a small pile of brush I need to burn... this seems like appropriate fire starter paper! :mrgreen:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Read this a couple of days ago. Will take a chance and post it here.
Receiving a COVID-19 vaccine is not worth the risk

Now - before the 'nay-sayers' have a field day with this(especially the publication date),
think about what it is saying. This is one of the reasons why I'm not getting "The Shot".
Additionally, there are serious health risks associated with the vaccine that the general public has not discussed, according to Yeadon and Bhakdi. For example, Bhakdi asserted that the vaccine increases the risk of blood clotting in those who take it. After the vaccine enters the bloodstream, it binds to cells that line blood vessels and induces them to produce the virus protein. Then, Bhakdi said, “many copies of the virus spike will appear on the cell surface. These may directly bind and activate blood platelets, which will trigger blood clotting.”

Blood clots have the potential to cause serious health problems and even death, Bhakdi warned.

“Triggering clot formation in your vessels is always potentially life-threatening. If clots form at vulnerable sites in the brain, spinal cord, and heart, interruption of blood flow may have irreversible and even fatal effects,” he said.
Articles like this, have been shoved 'under the rug' because, to me, Big Pharma doesn't
want the public to know these things.

I'm on blood thinners and have had blood clots in both legs. I wouldn't wish that situation
on anyone. They can be(are) VERY PAINFUL :!:

So, PLEASE DON'T KNOCK ME DOWN FOR WHAT I'M POSTING :!:
To me, the potential benefits of the vaccine do not out weigh the RISKS.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Yes the shots are not for everyone - having issues discuss them with your doctor.

Having the herd immunity for the general public will help control the virus spread and contain it to a degree.
Ideally 100% but that is certainly not going to happen.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

While the article brings up a lot of points, it will take me some time to look through them to see how valid they are. I know two people (personally) who got bell’s palsy from covid... although different than clotting there are “minor” risks associated with covid that are also concerning. Even if a small number of people die from vaccine-induced clotting... far more would die if everyone got covid without a vaccine.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Well, we can kick articles around back and forth for eternity...

It comes down to a simple question... whom do you trust?

It can be a difficult call to make, our journalism and media is just so partisan and biased anymore... how does one cut through the B.S.?

I too was, and still am slightly concerned about getting "the shot". I weighed the options and validity of what I've heard through the grape vine against what I've seen play out in the real world...

As many of you know, I don't bother with "news articles" or subscription TV news stations... most of my major life decisions are based on my observation of the actual world around me.

Is it a good time to buy a house? A car? Should I stock up on supplies? I observe local trends and habits... what are real world people actually doing?

Is it possible the government and Bill Gates is seeking to vaccinate all of us to kill or control us unto the future? Is it possible the government is doing this to us knowing it will shorten our lifespan?

Yes... I suppose it is possible.. but on the other side of the coin, it's also possible that the "anti-vax" community is also in a conspiracy to keep people from life saving vaccines.

It comes down to a simple choice... again... whom do you trust?

As for me, I make observations and follow my gut. I decided to get the jab for the following reasons:

1) I observed medical personnel receiving the shot first, in addition to other "mission critical" people VITAL to the survival of modern life. It makes NO SENSE that the government would authorize the slaughter of our best, brightest, and most critical. If you're going to kill your populous, wouldn't you start with those at the bottom?

2) With 50% of the media itching to throw the current administration's handling of the covid outbreak under the bus... it makes NO SENSE that articles that proved the vaccines ineffectiveness or flat out danger would be hard find. In fact, despite what conservatives would have you believe, center right media is actually plentiful, and not hard to find.

3) I have observed locals of all political leanings receiving the vaccine.

4) I suggested my wife receive the shot, as she is high risk, and I didn't want to gamble her life based on my own inadequate understanding of medical science and the benefits and risk associated with the shot. I am not a doctor or an expert in pathology. When I observe our local doctors and medical staff getting the shot... I trust their judgement... because medicine is what they do, it's what they know.

I'm not going to risk my wife's or daughter's (or even my own) health/life because of some political bias I may have.

Is there a risk? I believe so... there is also a risk when we do nothing. Which is the greater risk...?

Again, whom do you trust?
-Andrea
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

To put it another way... I believe that when we start looking for reasons to do, or not to do something, we should be vigilant that our own ego and/or political persuasion isn't clouding our judgement.
-Andrea
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Apparently over here there have been 79 people with blood clots out of over 20 million doses administered. Few enough and possibly within statistical error for normal occurrence. They have suspended testing on under 30's with the AZ/O vaccine and are looking into what is causing the problem. At least with the blood clots they can diagnose it readily and cure it. We just need to decide which is worse - the clots which are not usually lethal or the virus which has all sorts of side-effects. I would rather take my chances in this case. And no, UA, I'm not going to chew you out in this case.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Of all the vaccines, only the AstraZeneca one is showing a link to blood clots. But that’s 1 in 200000. Dying from it? About 1 in a million. Risk of dying from Covid? About 1 in 200; greater if you are over 70 or have an existing condition. It’s less than 1 in 100 then. Given that about 25% of the population have had Covid (at least in the UK), I’m assuming that you’ll get it. If not, amend the odds above. You also have a much smaller chance of passing Covid on to others if you have been vaccinated.

No brainer, isn’t it? Take the vaccine, or stay locked up so the rest of us are safe.

Oh, AstraZeneca are selling their vaccine at cost. Cost. No profit. So much for Big Pharma, eh?
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Oh, the drug companies are getting a lot of goodwill out of this - major risk if things go sideways for them - and, IMHO, COVID is the tip of the iceberg for this technology. They get nearly unfettered access to millions of test subjects to prove their platform is safe and reliable. And same for testing labs - I’m sure a host new of technologies and procedures that have been developed can be applied to the next “thing”.

Is this bad? Well... I’m just overly cautious when it comes to these things. I have very little trust, unfortunately.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

It is odd that we'll send a soldier to far flung corners of the world, knowing they will stand a good chance of not coming home... yet so many here at home are unwilling to take a one in a million risk factor shot for the benefit of the nation (and world).

Not really trying to shame anyone... just a rather peculiar observation of our societal priorities.

How many would risk their life and run into a burning building to save another person?

The risk in this case [covid vaccine] is minimal.
-Andrea