Test Positive for COVID-19

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

Re: Test Positive for COVID-19

Post by Uncle Al »

Ray wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:52 pmTell you what, Al. Drop the political crap and I’ll drop the silly acronyms.
It’s better for all. Will you agree to this? We just don’t need your political digs.
Ray - There are TWO (2) sides to any story. I did not post any "political crap".
I'm also extremely tired of "political digs" against former President Trump.
His mannerisms and bad "Tweets" were blown out of proportion by the media as
well as the media NOT reporting his love of, and for, keeping America first.

I just posted a report that some people, who've received "The Shots", have died from
Covid-19. The deaths are not only in the state of Washington, but other states as well.
You're reading way to much into the report. I did think it a bit humorous when the
author referred to it as the "CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus" ;)

The responses I've read to this post, support my theory that almost anyone who writes
something not supporting the Democratic agenda, is committing political heresy.

In any case, in my opinion, I'll wait to get "The Shots" until after more data
is known. I don't think I'll let my wife get "The Shots" as she has been bedridden
since December 31, 2020.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Last edited by Uncle Al on Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Ammended post to include "Almost" to signify Not All Members
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Uncle Al wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:33 am The responses I've read to this post, support my theory that anyone who writes
You've not been paying attention to my post then... I've been frequently called out over the years by more left leaning members of this site... sometimes rather ubruptly.

It's the tribalism that's killing our culture. It's nauseating. And Trump? I base my opinion of him based on his own writings and speeches, viewed in complete context of the situation.

He is... an awful excuse for a human being, and frankly anyone who continues to stand with him and not call him out for his crimes needs to do some serious soul searching...

No offense sir intended sir.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Uncle Al wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:33 amThe responses I've read to this post, support my theory that anyone who writes
Then you also discount my opinions which are those of a scientist and an engineer where fact trounces opinion each and every time -- and I have precisely no use whatsoever for either of the political "parties" in the USA because in my estimation they are both in the pay of the same paymaster.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with "party" affiliation, It has everything to do with an attention to facts, data, and science.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

moonshadow wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:11 amNo offense sir intended sir.
None taken :D
I always enjoy your posts, whether I agree with them or not.

Stay safe my friend :D

P.S.-Any update on Jenn :?:

Uncle Al
Kilted Organist/Musician
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Uncle Al wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:23 am
No offense sir intended sir.
None taken
I always enjoy your posts, whether I agree with them or not.
Excellent then. I often worry that my opinions on certain matters may cost me your friendship. I am glad those worries are unfounded. I regret that my stubborn opinions on varying matters have caused a few respectable members to depart. Such is not and has never been my intention.

Likewise, I may not agree with everything you write, but I will defend to the death your right to write it.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Jenn is well by the way, as are the cats, pup, and Amber... we are all eagerly awaiting the arrival of warmer weather... Temps in the 20s tonight!
-Andrea
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

To expand upon my earlier post about being called out... over the last few weeks I've been skimming my old post looking for "blog like" nuggets to archive on my website (just in case this site ever goes down for good)...

I ran across a few that I got a kick out of... one in particular being called out by our own loveable "Jim" over something or other I said...

Funny because we get along just fine these days, I think very highly of him and I like to think the sentiment is mutual.... but to use the words of George W.... at the beginning "we hit it off like grease hits a skillet..." :lol:

It still bugs me that hoborob left on my account... but it is what it is I guess...
-Andrea
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

rode_kater, the priority for testing was the most vulnerable - the old and those with medical problems. Testing is underway on the younger generations and the results may be in in time for vaccination of the rest of the population to start when the older generations have been done.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

I have amended my post to read
The responses I've read to this post, support my theory that almost anyone who writes
I was tired and having a bad night with the Mrs. when I was writing this.
I really wasn't implying that ALL members fit the category, just some of them.

I believe that everyone at Skirt Cafe' can agree with the following 2 statements;

- - We all have our opinions and concerns about any and all topics in today's world.
Health issues SHOULD NOT BE POLITICIZED :!:

- - Politicians, almost everywhere, seem to forget that they were hired to serve
their respective populations - NOT THE POPULATIONS SERVING THE POLITICIANS.

Uncle Al
Kilted Organist/Musician
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Uncle Al wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:53 pm Politicians, almost everywhere, seem to forget that they were hired to serve
Now there's a statement I can get behind!
-Andrea
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

moonshadow wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:05 pm
Uncle Al wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:53 pm Politicians, almost everywhere, seem to forget that they were hired to serve
AMEN to that -or- PBP = people before party !

Now if ONLY the country can could would move in a direction of the people and for the people - - - - -
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

r.m.anderson wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:23 pm
moonshadow wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:05 pm
AMEN to that -or- PBP = people before party !
Now if ONLY the country can could would move in a direction of the people and for the people - - - - -
I am afraid that will no longer be able to happen. This country has been taken over by so many that want to destroy it and so many of the people have been brainwashed it is now ALMOST impossible to recover what we have lost. It will take some harsh and draconian measures to restore it. We have given away our birthright....

Like it or not that is MY opinion of the way things are!!
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

r.m.anderson wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:23 pmAMEN to that -or- PBP = people before party !
Or, in the written words of the first president of These United States of America, "Beware section and faction." We have seen not just once, but twice, what those forces can do -- and in neither instance were the results pretty.

We failed to learn from it the first time 'round, so now we're paying the price again for the same damned mistakes.
Fred in Skirts wrote:We have given away our birthright....
No, it's more that it has been taken from us and sacrificed on the altar of greed for the benefit of a tiny handful of scoundrels.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

by Uncle Al » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:33 pm

There are TWO (2) sides to any story.
Let's amend that; as the 'two' sides implies only two sides in the same manner we tend to pose "either or" questions again implying we have but two choices. Stories, like stews have about as many sides (variants) as there are cooks! In the US that logic flaw hits hard over and over creating divisions rather than spectrums or continuums, and the approach certainly fails to blend the best facets of many views. The notion of just two sides tends to get in the way of constructive solutions. And don't fall for the fatal "either/or" choice -- "OR" may be the most dangerous word in the English language!

Maybe a Google of sides! :?
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Well, here we go again. Some people want to take anything I write
and pick it apart - under a microscope.

The use of "There are TWO (2) sides to any story" is a general/generic phrase,
older than you and I put together. Basically, it means to look at ALL sides of the
equation/story, not just taking the "Reported Story" as full, factual information.

This kind of "Nit-Picking" resembles the new "S.J.W.'s"(1) or "Woke Culture"(2).

Uncle Al

(1) Social Justice Warriers
(2) 'Woke' (slang) is used as a byword for social awareness. This term was first used
in political ads during the 1860 presidential election in support of Abraham Lincoln
in abolishing slavery. To wake up and see what's going on around you.
Kilted Organist/Musician