Accessories

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Accessories

Post by denimini »

Well, after a busy shopping day yesterday, and the metal lid of the car fridge hitting me on the head, my mobile phone died which made me feel like I had a lobotomy as well.
I have ordered a new phone online and looked for a case that I liked for that particular phone. The only one I found that I liked came only in black or pale pink. Damn, black is imediately out because it the sun is on it for more than 10 seconds it will be too hot to touch, let alone cooking the phone. Historically I would have gone for something else in another colour but having beat the self imposed psychological restrictions worrying about what others think, I went for pink.
Seeing me in a skirt AND using a phone in a pink case, no doubt some people will put one and one together and come up with an incorrect sum, product or square. I am pleased to say that now I don't care .......... and bring it on ............ unconventional, unpredictable, incongrous and enigmatic ...... it is good for people.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Accessories

Post by STEVIE »

denimini wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:32 am Seeing me in a skirt AND using a phone in a pink case, no doubt some people will put one and one together and come up with an incorrect sum, product or square. I am pleased to say that now I don't care .......... and bring it on ............ unconventional, unpredictable, incongrous and enigmatic ...... it is good for people.
Hi Denimini,
Good on you and interesting point about the case colour too. I wonder how many fried phones are the result of colour prejudice?
Not a consideration where I come from.
I often say that I enjoy the double-take from some folks when they see my skirts.
I say that I may actually have caused them to have any number of new thoughts,
Steve.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Hmm! Interesting! I've always opted for black cases but never worried about the sun beating down on my phone since, while in male garb, I wear shirts over the phone which I have in a belt holster, and, when on outings in womenswear, I keep my phone in a purse. Still, having a pink case is an idea I might consider.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

I lost my phone innumerable times when it had a black case. Dayglo pink is the colour now and it's much harder to misplace. For me that is pure practicality and has zero gender overtones.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !