greetings from California

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
stephanie53

greetings from California

Post by stephanie53 »

I just want to say hi, and I'm glad I bumped into this site. Though I'm not a native from Ca, ( I've moved around the country alot) I feel comfy here at the moment. I'm not new to wearing skirts and dresses(have a closet full), I am new to wearing them out in public as a guy. I'd love your encouragement to do it more. I'm getting up in years and want to enjoy what makes me happy.

I do have a utility kilt that I wear alot every wear, and have gotten many compliments and comments while wearing it, all possessive. Hope to be an active member with lots of posts and pics. Emails are always welcome. :D
KiltedintheValley

Re: greetings from California

Post by KiltedintheValley »

Greetings from the Shenandoah Valley! I have been wearing kilts since 2006 and started wearing skirts in public in December of 2019. You will find a lot of support here. The greatest accessory to any skirt is confidence!
"Be weird. Be random. Be who you are, because you never know who would love the person you hide." - Alan Watts

Life is too short to talk yourself out of wearing what you want because “I can’t pull off that look”.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Welcome from the cold, chilly wilds of Yorkshire! You'll here it a lot here that wearing a skirt out is just so a non-event. People. Do. Not. Care. The only problem is in your own head and a measure of a lack of confidence. Pull your shoulders back, straighten your spine, hold your head up and step out of the door. Read past posts as there are a lot of good tips. Good luck for the future.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

And welcome from another Yank that has moved around a lot; now in Costa Rica. My skirts are just daily wear going and doing whatever I am -- and YES, THE clue is do it with confidence ("own it") is usually what I say, and you won't even get many double takes as people just don't notice when you are acting in such a normal fashion. Indeed some skirts pass more readily, simple denim or plain beige from a bit above to knee length will almost appear as shorts and go "unnoticed". But many of us wear far more flashy styles and color with no consequences. I have a very colorful, full, toe topping skirt of light flowing fabric that would be hard to hide anywhere -- and I get more compliments on that than any of my others!

I still have family in the US and visit periodically on the West Coast -- so easy to wear my skirts, no push-back at all. So, head out and enjoy. Sometimes a few outings in places you are not already known makes the first few runs a bit easier. Us older guys even get more of a break, so don't fret! Looking forward to seeing and hearing of your adventures.

Pura Vida,
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

stephanie53 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:21 pm I just want to say hi (...)
It's a fail, you did say more than "hi" :mrgreen:

Joke apart, welcome in the SkirtCafé and have a good time here! :-)