A real American story...

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

A real American story...

Post by moonshadow »

Thought this was interesting.

I like the fact that Sanders still hadn't found direction in his life at the age of 40... makes me feel a little better about my future.. :)

Doubly interesting is this apparent "true KFC" in Shelbyville Kentucky. I've known for a while now that KFC today is nothing like what Sanders created... it would be interesting to stop at this "Claudia Sanders Dinner House" someday to see the difference...

Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/gTyfuE1NumM
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Re: A real American story...

Post by Daryl »

moonshadow wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:33 pm Doubly interesting is this apparent "true KFC" in Shelbyville Kentucky. I've known for a while now that KFC today is nothing like what Sanders created... it would be interesting to stop at this "Claudia Sanders Dinner House" someday to see the difference...
But would you be able to get Chicken Fried Chicken there?

There is a KFC in New Delhi. I took a picture to remind myself it is real. They deliver, too, on scooters.
Daryl...
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Moon, don't feel bad about any lack of direction yet. Let me give you a potted history of the last 30 odd years of my life. Through a combination of circumstances I found myself as an undergraduate reading Computer Science, a subject I was gifted/steered into, not planned to do. I was 30 so 33 when I graduated. I was married, four young children ( eldest one 6 years old ) and a mortgage. At the end of my first year, having scraped through a programming project in Pascal I vowed that whatever I did I never wanted to be a computer programmer. So, after graduation and a temporary year long job in construction, my first computer job was as, you've guessed it, - a computer programmer! That set the scene for the next 20 years at which point the scene had dramatically changed and outgrown me and, stressed out, I was glad to get out. I was lucky, bloody lucky. Maybe what you are doing is what you were meant to do. Maybe circumstances will change and you will be guided on a new path. Mine changed in a matter of days. Who knows? Life is fickle and can give or take away on a whim. Don't worry, be happy, dude.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Daryl wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:59 am
moonshadow wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:33 pm Doubly interesting is this apparent "true KFC" in Shelbyville Kentucky. I've known for a while now that KFC today is nothing like what Sanders created... it would be interesting to stop at this "Claudia Sanders Dinner House" someday to see the difference...

There is a KFC in New Delhi. I took a picture to remind myself it is real. They deliver, too, on scooters.
Next time you're in the states, we'll have to check it out and see for ourselves!

Good to see you again old friend! :)
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

moonshadow wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:20 pm
Daryl wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:59 am

Next time you're in the states, we'll have to check it out and see for ourselves!
Good to see you again old friend! :)
Good seeing Jenn and your pawtracks in here too!

I definitely wanted to repeat our spring trip, maybe even make it a habit, but no, some pesky virus mucked that all up. Maybe this spring, if the curves head downwards in time.
Daryl...