What a Stalin Quote About Rigging Elections Reveals About the 2020 Election

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: What a Stalin Quote About Rigging Elections Reveals About the 2020 Election

Post by Sinned »

Now this is where the English language is open to interpretation. We obviously read the second sentence differently although my interpretation there is more in line with what is in the impeachment document below.

So sorry Carl, possibly wrong again. The last paragraph of the proposed impeachment document being circulated reads:

"Wherefore President Trump, by such conduct, has demonstrated that he will remain a threat to national security, democracy and the Constitution if allowed to remain in office, and has acted in a manner grossly incompatible with self-governance and the rule of law. President Trump thus warrants impeachment an trial, removal from office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any office of honor, trust or profit under the United States."

Touche and over to you.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

[quote=crfriend post_id=221657 time=1610111215

Little Donnie has a lot to answer for at the moment.
[/quote]

Carl I am attaching a video of the shooting. It does not look good if what I am seeing is correct. It appears the officer just walked up and shot her.

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/breaki ... i-babbitt/
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Sinned wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:34 pmNow this is where the English language is open to interpretation. We obviously read the second sentence differently although my interpretation there is more in line with what is in the impeachment document below.
Let's be cautious here, because we may be splitting hairs, and the quoted text has an important typo in it.
"Wherefore President Trump, by such conduct, has demonstrated that he will remain a threat to national security, democracy and the Constitution if allowed to remain in office, and has acted in a manner grossly incompatible with self-governance and the rule of law. President Trump thus warrants impeachment an trial, removal from office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any office of honor, trust or profit under the United States."
Much of the interpretation hinges on the small bit of "[...] warrants impeachment an trial [...]" which should likely read, "[...] warrants impeachment and trial [...]".

If we take the letter "d" being present, it accurately reflects the way that the process works in the US -- the "lower house" (the House of Representatives) impeaches the official, and by such impeachment proceeding refers the official to "trial" by the "upper house" (the Senate). The "trial" is the important component in the mix, and unless a "conviction" is reached by the upper house, the whole thing effectively gets swept under the rug. A "conviction" by the upper house removes the individual from office and makes him susceptible to subsequent criminal prosecution by the Justice Department. Note that in this use "conviction" does not imply guilt, but just that the individual should be removed from office. The rest is up to the court system. "Trial" in the foregoing refers to the formal removal from office, not anything that could necessarily land him in prison.

As an offhand crack, I'd add that the passive voice in sentence one detracts from the thrust and I'd have phrased it, "[....] demonstrates that he remains a threat to [...]".

Of note is that The Donald has already been successfully impeached once by the House of Representatives and was not "convicted" by the Senate which voted on "party lines" instead of on the merits of the matter. Thus, the whole thing got swept under the rug and that was that. (Things here are pretty dysfunctional at the moment.)
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Freedomforall wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:41 pmCarl I am attaching a video of the shooting. It does not look good if what I am seeing is correct. It appears the officer just walked up and shot her.

I've heard multiple versions of what happened and continue to retain an open mind on the matter.

The video wasn't available, but the commentary was heavily coded in favour of the CoT and, to my thinking, puts it into questionable status.

One story I heard was that the triggerman wasn't necessarily qualified to be in such a position. Also, if she hadn't violated numerous laws by being present would still be alive. I suspect there's enough failures in this mix to write books about.
PatJ
Member Extraordinaire

Post by PatJ »

I viewed the video several times.

I observed that the doors were barricaded.
She was trying to enter through the broken window.
The officer stepped up and shot her (the intruder).

The question that I have:
Did she have authority to enter?
If a door is barricaded - should anyone try to forcibly
try and enter if one does not have authority to enter?
Was the officer assigned to stop anyone trying to enter?
Was the officer protecting congressmen?

It would be foolish for anyone to make a call in this
situation without all the facts.

Regardless, this should never have happened and the
loss of life is tragic and should never have happened
in the first place.

This was not a "spur of the moment" event. Reports
are coming out that the violence was planned well in
advance. And that, is the saddest part of this event.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

PatJ wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:26 am I viewed the video several times.

I observed that the doors were barricaded.
She was trying to enter through the broken window.
The officer stepped up and shot her (the intruder).

The question that I have:
Did she have authority to enter?
If a door is barricaded - should anyone try to forcibly
try and enter if one does not have authority to enter?
Was the officer assigned to stop anyone trying to enter?
Was the officer protecting congressmen?

Fair enough. I spent 23 years as a police officer in Nashville. I was also a training officer. I would be one of the last to condemn an officer. I know how hard it can be and the stress they deal with. I also know that video is not always what it appears to be. One morning around 4 am we received a call that someone was breaking into a home. We arrived and the homeowner informed us the intruder had fallen asleep in a back bedroom. Turns out he lived in the neighborhood and had been out drinking. He thought he was locked out of his home but was not even at his home. Completely different scenario here. However, my point is this.
No one even a private citizen can use deadly force to protect property. If someone gave an order to shoot anyone that enters, that would be an unlawful order. You cannot just shoot people because they are entering. They must present a threat of imminent death or serious bodily injury to you. In the case of an officer he has the right to use deadly force to defend the life of another if he believes serious bodily injury or death is imminent. Imminent is the key word here. I do not see anything imminent. Also, he is behind cover. cover is completely different than concealment. Concealment stops bullets. Cover does not. Again, it is very difficult to say there is a threat of death or serious bodily injury that is imminent with the video. Perhaps there is. In time we MAY know the truth.

Last, my concern is that he literally shot towards other officers. There were officers on both sides of that door. This was a terrible crossfire situation that could have turned even more deadly. What if the police on the other side heard the shots and began firing back? Also, if she were such a threat then why did the officers behind her not shoot? To me, this is a very young inexperienced officer.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

FFA,

I'm curious as to what the law is with regards to trespass on what I would imagine is Federal Property (the capitol building)

I've always been told all my life there are some places you just don't go sneaking around (or busting in through windows), and I imagined that any Federal Building would qualify...

I ask because I value your input as a former police officer.

Nevertheless, she'd still be alive had she had just stayed out in the street and not illegally entered the building.

I sometimes am tempted to trespass across open fields in the country, but I don't as I'm typically in a skirt on those days, and everyone in my regions assumes they can shoot to kill trespassers.

While they may be breaking the law for shooting me... their conviction and prison sentence won't bring me back to life.... so I respect private property.... always.

This woman was an Air Force Veteran, frankly she should have known better. BTW, I like how they float the "veteran" word as though that makes her justified.

No.. no it doesn't. In fact, it makes me shake my head even more because she really should have known better.

No excuse.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Freedomforall wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:41 pm
Carl I am attaching a video of the shooting. It does not look good if what I am seeing is correct. It appears the officer just walked up and shot her.

The officer may not be justified, however the gun was aimed the whole time she attempted to break in the window.

I'd like to see a show of hands on who would continue to push through a broken window despite a firearm being pointed right at you...?

If you attempt bust into your neighbors front door unarmed, and upon glancing inside, you see a gun aimed at you... what does a sensible person do?

She really should have known better.

I'm sorry... I know this is going to sound ugly, but it seems like Darwinism called it.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

moonshadow wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:48 am FFA,

I'm curious as to what the law is with regards to trespass on what I would imagine is Federal Property (the capitol building)

Moon a very good evening to you and yours. Those involved will be facing a plethora of charges. They will charge them with everything possible so as to have bargaining room when the case goes to court. Side note: Court is a very chaotic scene that contains nothing but deal making and politics. He who has the most money wins. I digress. That is Federal property and therefore all charges will be classified as Federal charges. These usually have stiffer fines and serving prison time is day for day meaning no early releases. I am including the links to the laws concerning the rioters.

1. https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1752

2. https://casetext.com/statute/united-sta ... activities

3. 22–3302. Unlawful entry on property

4. https://code.dccouncil.us/dc/council/co ... -4504.html carrying a pistol without a license. Could be a felony there.

The charges range from trespassing, carrying a pistol without a license, disrupting a meeting, and crossing a police line. I hope I have answered your question. Have a great evening.
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

FFA,

I hope you didn't leave out sedition, seditious conspiracy, rioting ... and another such charge that's not coming to mind at 5:30 in the AM.

The one who should do the most and hardest time is Trump.

How a US President can incite a riot and propose stopping the Congress from carrying out its Constitutional duties is beyond me!
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:48 amI've always been told all my life there are some places you just don't go sneaking around (or busting in through windows), and I imagined that any Federal Building would qualify...
There's an old saying that applies here: "You can't fix stupid."

If I crossed a police line knowingly, entered a prominent building through a broken window, and was present inside that building I'd expect to get shot. The degree of the cascading failure here is astonishing. And you can't fix stupid.

We shall see what comes out of this one. I imagine the catalogue of charges will span several dozen pages. The important thing, though, is to identify and imprison the ringleaders; issue the mere dolts fines and let them go on their way after paying them.

As far as veterans go, they are us just with different life experiences -- and they come from all walks of life and degrees of intelligence. This was not one of the brighter ones.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Pdxfashionpioneer wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:29 pmHow a US President can incite a riot and propose stopping the Congress from carrying out its Constitutional duties is beyond me!
A cursory look at the quality of the man's character will shed much light on the situation.

This was no Richard Nixon trying to cover up a botched 4th-rate burglary, this was a man trying to take over the country in a coup. I hope he draws a nice stiff sentence in Ft. Leavenworth for that stunt; however, I am not confident that will happen. It's a nice thought, though.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

crfriend wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:40 pm
If I crossed a police line knowingly, entered a prominent building through a broken window, and was present inside that building I'd expect to get shot. The degree of the cascading failure here is astonishing. And you can't fix stupid.

No one should ever cross a line that police have drawn whether it is physical or verbal. Whomever does needs to be shot for disobeying the police.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Freedomforall wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:06 pmWhomever does needs to be shot for disobeying the police.
That sets the extremely dangerous precedent of appointing a cop the powers of judge, jury, and executioner, and that needs to be avoided at all costs. Why? Take a look at the reasons why the Black Lives Matter movement even exists. It should not be legal -- tacitly or explicitly -- for police to sport hunt people.

An arrest for crossing a line? Certainly. A murder? Absolutely not.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

On thing to keep in mind here, is the tension and stress of the situation. Hindsight is always 20/20, and who knows how any one of us would have handled this had we been in that situation.

This was not a matter of one lone cop against a small handful of thugs. This was one lone cop, behind a barricaded (locked and with furniture) door, in the process of being torn down, as the lawless mob screamed, and demanded heads on a pike.

Imagine the sounds in real life, the smells, the sweat beading off your face. Your adrenaline is off the charts, you wonder if your worst fears have come to life, that the U.S. is under siege, you wonder where are the actual troops of the military? Why isn't the president doing something? Has the military sided with the insurrectionist? Is he just going to let the capitol fall? Am I even on the right side of this fight?

All these questions race through your mind in the 30 seconds you have, before one of the rioters finally breaks through the glass and attempts to gain entry, scared sh!tless, you pull the trigger, this is a life and death situation, it's just you... and the mob. The president can not save you, the military is nowhere to be found, you have no backup, and you are sure you're NOT going home tonight.

Watch this 10 minute clip:
https://youtu.be/lhjRXO72v1s

Contemplate these scenes, disregard the emotional state of the reporter (if that's your pleasure) and any possible bias of the network.... just look at the raw footage....

What would you do honestly?

Now consider all of that, and then the statistics that around 45% of Republican voters COMPLETELY SUPPORT this blatant act of terrorism...

Raw numbers from my home county and the counties that surround it...

RUSSELL COUNTY (Home county) Results by Precinct
Candidate Votes Percent
Joseph R. Biden
Democratic 2,373 17.73%
Donald J. Trump
Republican 10,879 81.27%

WASHINGTON COUNTY (considered most "liberal", home of Abingdon VA, county seat) Results by Precinct
Candidate Votes Percent
Joseph R. Biden
Democratic 6,617 23.07%
Donald J. Trump
Republican 21,679 75.58%

TAZEWELL COUNTY Results by Precinct
Candidate Votes Percent
Joseph R. Biden
Democratic 3,205 15.92%
Donald J. Trump
Republican 16,731 83.10%

BUCHANAN COUNTY Results by Precinct
Candidate Votes Percent
Joseph R. Biden
Democratic 1,587 15.94%
Donald J. Trump
Republican 8,311 83.50%

DICKENSON COUNTY Results by Precinct
Candidate Votes Percent
Joseph R. Biden
Democratic 1,503 20.58%
Donald J. Trump
Republican 5,748 78.71%

WISE COUNTY Results by Precinct
Candidate Votes Percent
Joseph R. Biden
Democratic 3,110 18.72%
Donald J. Trump
Republican 13,366 80.45%

SCOTT COUNTY Results by Precinct
Candidate Votes Percent
Joseph R. Biden
Democratic 1,692 15.57%
Donald J. Trump
Republican 9,063 83.38%

All of these people had to know what that monster was capable of... To this very day, TRUMP flag still fly high and proud.

Man... f--k these people. I'm surrounded by treasonous traitors, and hopefully now you realize why I am somewhat apprehensive wearing skirts right now.

And most of those Democrats... they're just "DINO's", mostly older Trump supporters who still vote Democrat because of the coal unions.

Again, it's not the news Carl, Anthony and others, it's the blatant showing of support i witness on the countless vehicles that pass me daily, the casual chatter I hear among people standing in line with me at the checkout, the TRUMP flags that fly where American flags once flew... the list goes on and on.
-Andrea