R.I.P. Larry "Sissy" Goodwin

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

R.I.P. Larry "Sissy" Goodwin

Post by moonshadow »

A man whom I have admired for the last few years has passed away apparently, earlier this year.

Larry Goodwin has been wearing feminine clothes for decades, well before it was "cool" and tolerated/accepted by our society.

A true pioneer in gender equality with regards to expression.

:blue:

https://trib.com/news/state-and-regiona ... 8cd0b.html
Last edited by moonshadow on Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Re: R.I.P. Larry "Sissy" Goodman

Post by Freedomforall »

moonshadow wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:51 pm A man whom I have admired for the last few years has passed away apparently, earlier this year.

Larry Goodman has been wearing feminine clothes for decades, well before it was "cool" and tolerated/accepted by our society.

A true pioneer in gender equality with regards to expression.

:blue:

https://trib.com/news/state-and-regiona ... 8cd0b.html
I recall reading about the incident where someone knocked his teeth out. I was deeply saddened to read the story. I can relate to much of what he suffered through during his adult life except that I experienced it from the day I was born. It was every day of my life from family to friends. I still have nightmares about it. Sorry, I am deviating from my original point. I was alarmed when I read the article and the thought of traveling any where near Wyoming scared me. He was such a gentle soul. I firmly believe that we are all energy and what people do to us affects us negatively or positively. Therefore, all the negative energy that he received throughout his life contributed to his cancer. There is only so much deflecting one can do before it starts eroding your mind and body. Rest in peace sir.
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Unfortunately, when I clicked on your link, i got the photo, but the verbiage looked like it had all been redacted.

Freedom for All,

It sounds like you have a very painful story to tell.

Would it help for you to relate it in the Off Topic apace?
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I get the not available due to legal reasons.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

As you know I'm rather inept at the tech stuff, and from here in Costa Rica I often get "walls" or NA kinds of blocks -- but if I log in from a VPN, I can usually get through.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Sinned wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:49 pm I get the not available due to legal reasons.
Such eventhough the UK isn't a member of the EU anymore? :D
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Yeah well, I think that the powers have had other things to think about than data protection issues. Any way our standards are at the moment aligned so will take time to drift apart. As Carl and I will tell you it takes time to prioritise the project, figure out what changes need to be made, plan them in, do the development and testing, get everything signed off and finally make the changes. So expect changes sometime in 2024!
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
pepsie1

Post by pepsie1 »

Just for the record Goodwin not Goodman.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

pepsie1 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:41 am Just for the record Goodwin not Goodman.
Corrected. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. :oops:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: R.I.P. Larry "Sissy" Goodwin

Post by Sinned »

I have no concept as to who this person is and what he is known for. Must be an American institution.