A woman

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

A woman

Post by Fred in Skirts »

image001-2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: A woman

Post by Kirbstone »

I married one of those 52 years ago and to this day she is Matriarch of the whole (now) 16-member extended family. Right now our authorities are shutting down practically everything from this evening, so she's gone down the drive at Warp speed in her campervan in the direction of the local K-Leisure center for a last swim, towing our resident granddaughter aged 8.

From there it's off to the local tennis club for a last game there before it closes, too. Yesterday she was out setting slabs in concrete until dusk in her enclosed poultry & duckpond area, after which she fed 5 of us at dinner.

At 74 going on 75 she's a motivator for us all. Long may it last.

Me, I just tag along!

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Re: A woman

Post by pelmut »

However much William Golding may have understood about human nature, he didn't know much about everyday physics; part of the plot of Lord of the Flies relies on using a diverging lens to focus the sun's rays.  When I got to that bit, I threw the book down and dismissed it as a load of nonsense.

The amazing thing is that blunders like this get through all kinds of readings and checks (half of them by people actually wearing spectacles at the time) and nobody picks them up.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.