How far we've come

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Re: How far we've come

Post by Faldaguy »

by denimini » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:14 am

I have travelled away from home for a few days. I packed 4 skirts 11" to 14" and no pants at all, so for the first time without a bifurated backup.
I have come a long way thanks to those here and hope I can help others get that confidence.
Kind of an interesting twist on things: It would be curious to see how many of us who typically wear skirts, or 'women's wear' exclusively at home do leave town without trousers. I know my suitcase transitioned from mostly pants, to mostly skirts, to totally skirts in recent times. I noted in a post about a year ago that I wore skirts almost exclusively, except when travelling through TSA and international airport security/immigration points -- and several of you posted you had traveled in airports skirted without hassles, so I gave it a go and, like everywhere else, no problems. So my last few trips (though only for a couple days to the city given Covid constraints) have been without pants of any sort in the travel bag. Just a tad of the old boy-scout "be prepared" worry with that, but mostly a good confirmation to myself that I really do not need to fret about my attire regardless of activity or location.

So, how many of do the same: Travel without bifurcated exterior clothing?
Layne

Post by Layne »

Yea - no real issues here.

Continued travels for work.

No opposition to my skirts and I’m very much a mountain of a man:
Layne

Post by Layne »

Apparently file was to large

I’ll try again
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Layne wrote: ......... and I’m very much a mountain of a man

............ Apparently file was too large
:)
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Dick Ackerman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dick Ackerman »

I have not bothered to pack pants when I travel for probably the last fifteen years or so. It is simply a case of why bother I'm not going to wear them so what is the point of hauling them around.
Dick
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Dick Ackerman wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:39 pm I have not bothered to pack pants when I travel for probably the last fifteen years or so. It is simply a case of why bother I'm not going to wear them so what is the point of hauling them around.
Dick
I am the same way. I do not pack anything but skirts and dresses when I traveled. Of course I have not been able to travel this year for two reasons my health and this stupid Chinese Virus.
But if I get to travel you can bet your baby boots there will be no trousers in the bag.. :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Ah yes, Chinese COVID. A bit like the American Flu (sometimes called Spanish Flu) that killed 17-50 million...
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Ray wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:32 pmAh yes, Chinese COVID. A bit like the American Flu (sometimes called Spanish Flu) that killed 17-50 million...
Both of which were worldwide problems and named for the place where they were first described. It really doesn't make much of a difference when one looks at the big picture. But, if blame's your game then all bets are off. The bald facts are that in an epidemic situation, we're all in this together.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Well... scientists did look at the Covid bug under a microscope, they looked on the underside and lo and behold... a teeny tiny "MADE IN CHINA" sticker was attached.... :twisted:

I began to grow suspicious when I realized that the U.S. doesn't mass produce things anymore, and there are waaaay to many of these bugs to come from the west.

We did manage to "one up" China and make a more contagious variant though... so there... :P

Wait... what....? You say it came from the U.K.... well son of a..... :lol: :wink:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Love you tongue in cheek humor Moon....hard to get smiles these days, your blessing--even if you come from the deep south....!
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Oops, I did not preview/edit that one...sorry for the grammar -- but the smile is still genuine!
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Yes, this new contagious variant shall henceforth be known as the U.K. virus. It gets everywhere and sticks around when not wanted. Just ask citizens of its former Empire.. ;-)
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Yes, that one even became endemic in NZ...... the land of the wrong white crowd. :)
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Anthony, I have considerable admiration for the wealth of knowledge this crowd holds, but you may need to explain your pun to some -- meantime I'm smiling. :cheese:
KiltedintheValley

Post by KiltedintheValley »

I recently made an overnight trip to Louisville, KY. I did not pack a single bifurcated garment. I arrived in the black kilt I wore to church that morning. Monday, I took my son to the Louisville Slugger Factory for a tour. (He loved it! :D ) I wore a denim skirt, black tights, black & white Chuck Taylors, a fisherman's sweater, and a scarf. The tights kept me warm during the walk to the tour and for the long trip back home. I haven't packed a pair of pants for a trip since June 2019. Even then, I didn't wear the pants I packed! :D
"Be weird. Be random. Be who you are, because you never know who would love the person you hide." - Alan Watts

Life is too short to talk yourself out of wearing what you want because “I can’t pull off that look”.