Sheertex Advert

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Sheertex Advert

Post by FranTastic444 »

The latest Sheertex tights ad to appear on my Facebook feed shows a model prancing around and, on first viewing at least, it is difficult to identify whether a male or female is appearing in the shot.

I clicked through onto the advert in the hope that I could share the video here. No such luck, but I did come across one of their lines being modelled by a guy! Good to see, more please :-)

FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Sheertex Advert

Post by FranTastic444 »

He has now dissipeared from the page, replaced by a woman.

I have posted a question on the website to ask why this is so :-)

He still appears on the high-rise bike shorts page

Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

That is actual progress. I noted some shots of male models on the website of another hoisery company in another thread recently, as well.

Sad they felt the need to pull the picture, but hey, two steps forward, one step back. I'll take it.
brennk

Post by brennk »

If you have not tried these tight/hose, they are not kidding how tough they are. I have a couple of pair. I like how their models are "normal" looking people, not skinny models. Would like to see a few more guys though. There were a lot of guys reviewing on their old site. I have not looked to see if they carried over.
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FranTastic444 »

He's back - now wearing a vest instead of being bare-chested :-)

phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

It looks like Sheertex has identified some of their customers as men and are sending them e-mail adds featuring this one male model. I'm getting 2 or 3 a week from them and this model is in most of them. But if you go to their website, Instagram or Amazon store he's missing in action.
f83f7025-31eb-4950-a211-0eb297191ebb.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FranTastic444 »

I think that photo from the email ad is cool - not sure I could carry it off myself though :-)

Point of information - the original photo I linked to at the top of the thread has been overwritten - it was originally a different image with the model topless :ugeek: Maybe a bit too risque for some of their customers???

On the latest images I linked to, I like how long the garments appear to be - I wonder how tall the model is and what size he went for? I tried asking this on the Sheertex site - where you have the chat window in the bottom right hand corner of the website. I hit return after typing quite a bit of text and then got the message "mmm, that doesn't appear to be a valid email address", whereupon the text that I'd lovingly crafted was wiped :-?

So - if you want to interact with Sheertex, learn from my lesson. Just email them directly or put your email address in the chat window and they will drop you a line that you can then reply to. Don't bother trying to chat in the chat window - it won't work!!!
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

I'm a size 24 to 26 depending on item and I find their 3x fits just fine and I never had any issues with them, other than that are real expensive. I also found welovecolors Plus Sized Nylon/Lycra Tights - Style# 1008 to be a good fit as well but are not as strong as the Sheertex but at 1/3 the price.
https://www.welovecolors.com/shop/mens/ ... cra-tights
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

The picture of the guy in those stockings is back on the site. I had a browse out of curiosity and that was really nice to see!

I wear stockings a wee bit and would like to find something sheer (ideally a 10den - 15 den max) a bit more durable as I often get ladders from chairs/seats/furniture and the likes - and from reviews the sheertex appear good.

Interesting how the sizings are based on thigh circumference? My usual stockings (Levante, Transparenze, Cervin, Ambra etc) are volume based I think - a combination of my weight and my height normally - normally my height at 5ft 7 means I wear a M stocking - but my weight at 144 lbs pushes me into the L size. There is no real reference to thigh size much - although I see Cervin say a thigh of 18-19 inches is their size 4 or L.
So I don't know how I would choose my size - the leg could be quite long - or could be too short if it just goes on my thigh size? And on my thigh size I need the sheertex XS size? Like that would most likely be too short in leg length? I like my stockings to be up higher on my thighs but I fear they will likely be shorter?

They are expensive - mind you all good hosiery is damn it.

Anyway - regardless - its nice to see a guy wearing stockings on a web site shopping page! Why not !

cheers
NZF
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FranTastic444 »

Here is what I wrote -

Hi

I'm interested in getting some Thigh High Sheer Tights or Thigh High
Ultrasheer Tights.

I am a guy who is about 6' tall, 215lb and with a 32" inside leg and the top of my thigh measures 22".

I'm looking for something like the image of your male model on the current site for Thigh High Ultrasheer Tights - i.e. I want to be able to wear them as high up on my legs as possible. Stuff I have purchased elsewhere has ended just above my knees :-)

The size guide recommends Medium, but I'm not sure if that will give the length I'm looking for. Could you advise please?

They got back to me yesterday with -

Hi!

I would recommend a Large instead of a Medium to accommodate your height, while still staying securely on your thigh! Our fibre is pretty dang stretchy, so should reach mid- to upper- thigh, it's just a balance of making sure they stay secure on your body.

If you have any further questions, let me know and I would be more than happy to help!

Take care,

Sarah
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

FranTastic444 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:20 am(quoting the SheerTex reply)
I would recommend a Large instead of a Medium to accommodate your height, while still staying securely on your thigh! Our fibre is pretty dang stretchy, so should reach mid- to upper- thigh, it's just a balance of making sure they stay secure on your body.
Interesting seeing "dang" from a Montreal company. I always thought of that as a peculiarly (US)American expression.
Ralph!
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FranTastic444 »

Well, they had a sale for Black Friday so I got a couple of items.

Got a pair of thigh-highs. One of them appears to be ok, but the other has what looks like a manufacturing fault. There are a series of what look like very fine ladders in them. Imagine a mesh bug screen over a window where one of the lines is grey-colored or maybe slightly thinner than the other lines. The integrity of the garment is maintained, but the lines are slightly visible because they do not look identical to all of the other lines. I'll get in touch to see if this is expected behavior or an issue.

I got my wife a pair of lattice tights. I *might* just try them on for size just in case I want to get some for myself at a later point in time :mrgreen:

Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

FranTastic444 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:24 pm I got my wife a pair of lattice tights. I *might* just try them on for size just in case I want to get some for myself at a later point in time :mrgreen:
I would not recommend "borrowing" the wife's stuff, even if you haven't given it to her yet. She will likely be able to tell, and it's not something most women will appreciate, especially with something more "intimate" like pantyhose. Plays right into common concerns about "her man" that get discussed on here ad nauseum...
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Dust,
I'd agree with the "not borrowing" sentiment wholeheartedly.
I tried the idea of sharing some clothes with mine a long time ago and that was an unmitigated disaster.
I don't really know how much long term damage was done as the subject was buried never to be revisited.
It certainly never helped my cause.
What's more guys, taking without permission is not very good manners and Dust is correct.
You will get caught out!
Steve.
Chirp
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Chirp »

I have seen more posts showing men in tights as well on FB
No one mess's with a big guy in kilt