Pockets differences

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Pockets differences

Post by nzfreestyler »

denimini wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:47 am
nzfreestyler wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:43 am I pick stuff up[ by doing the 'crouch' as I call it.
knees together can crouch down till your heels touch your bottom if need be (ie right to the ground) - or just as fart as you need to go.
I thought very elegantly done ........... except for the flatulence part ........ then I realised it was a typo :)
That is a very short skirt and I think that posture would be fine from the point of view of a standing adult, as the camera angle is quite low. If you do something quick and naturally, no sane person would care about a slight flash anyway.
I often change my posture to suit where an onlooker might be; if they are in front of me I bend more; if they are behind me I squat more, which is something I usually do when getting things off a low shelf at a supermarket.
ha ha ha
cripes I hadn't seen that typo! Brilliant. A bit unsophisticated of me - but funny!

In terms of shortness - that skirt is not that short but its always the way - ones rear is exposed when you sit but not to onlookers if you move properly and reasonably quickly. And its always the front between your legs that will show more - the triangle you show from front on that will catch you out now and again. It does happen - but thats not a reason to not wear a mini skirt as far as I am concerned.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

nzfreestyler wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:43 am I pick stuff up[ by doing the 'crouch' as I call it.
knees together can crouch down till your heels touch your bottom if need be (ie right to the ground) - or just as fart as you need to go.

cheers
NZF
Ahh! Interesting! I use that maneuver myself when bending down in a short skirt.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Pockets!
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

denimini wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:41 pm Pockets!
That looks like a creative way to make pockets. I hadn't seen that system before. I think I like it.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Pockets!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

One day I bent down to retrieve something from the floor for an older lady at work and said to her, "Have you noticed that as you get older bending down gets more difficult?" She said, "Oh, I have the answer to that. The floor gets lower!" Oh, the logic of the elderly. :lol:
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

denimini wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:27 am Pockets!
I like that one!
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Hmmm... A skirt made entirely of pockets? Is it possible?
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

What a lot of totally rediculous 'garments', dare I say.

As one who is experienced in this getting old business, I too find getting all the way down to pick things off the floor more difficult nowadays. My advice would be to get some gardening done once you ARE down there, so as not to waste the effort :idea:

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I have a tool belt that is similar but doesn't cover the backside as well.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

I'm sorry, but that looks ridiculous. However, I'll admit to be being extremely biased because I never put ANYTHING in the pockets of skirts, opting to use a purse to carry stuff instead.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
miloshlavka
Distinguished Member

Post by miloshlavka »

JeffB1959 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:27 am
I'm sorry, but that looks ridiculous. However, I'll admit to be being extremely biased because I never put ANYTHING in the pockets of skirts, opting to use a purse to carry stuff instead.
I think it's a matter of taste. I prefer skirts with pockets.

In this case I have a feeling, that pockets seem to be too long (and maybe ridiculous), because this skirt is too short (especially for freeballers, for these it can be a little "dangerous" :D ), almost shorter then its pockets.

But I'm also biased because I prefer skirts with knee length or longer. And I repeat: it's a matter of taste.
Everyone should be honest and prudent: to keep promises and, on principle, never to promise anything to anyone.
Sorry for my English. I try not to make spelling mistakes, but for this reason my writing is very slow.

Miloš H., Nový Knín, Central Bohemia
Chirp
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Chirp »

The good thing is there are some nice skirts with pockets, I have long ankle skirt that has nice pockets in the sides and u cant even tell it has them.
I have seen some other ones as well.
No one mess's with a big guy in kilt
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

What choice does one have if one likes very short skirts and large pockets. I am wearing one, as I am writing this, that the pockets protrude below the hem by about 25.4mm.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Anthony,
I'm all in favour of precise measurements, but 25.4 mm looks suspiciously like an imperial inch. In my game, Dental restorations we go for Mu...1000ths of a MM. In carpentry, a lot of which I do in my spare time, MM suffice. But these are solid materials. Cloth on the other hand....

I love nice deep 8" pockets and unlike Jeff, I'd put something in there....my big hands, for a start.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !