Maxine

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

Maxine

Post by Uncle Al »

Maxine - Wisdom JPG 2020-11-16.jpg
FROM 2016
THIS IS THE BEST MAXINE EVER, EVER, EVER!

I bought a bird feeder.
I hung it on my back porch and filled it with seed.
What a beauty of a bird feeder it was, as I filled it lovingly with seed.
Within a week we had hundreds of birds taking advantage of the continuous flow of free
and easily accessible food. But then the birds started building nests in the boards of the patio,
above the table, and next to the barbecue.

Then came the sh!t. It was everywhere: on the patio tile, the chairs, the table ... everywhere!
Then some of the birds turned mean. They would dive bomb me and try to peck me even though
I had fed them out of my own pocket. And others birds were boisterous and loud. They sat on
the feeder and squawked and screamed at all hours of the day and night and demanded that I fill
it when it got low on food. After a while, I couldn't even sit on my own back porch anymore.

So I took down the bird feeder and in three days the birds were gone. I cleaned up their mess and
took down the many nests they had built all over the patio. Soon, the back yard was like it used
to be ..... quiet, serene.... and no one demanding their rights to a free meal.

Now let's see......Our government(U.S.) gives out free food, subsidized housing, free medical care and
free education, and allows anyone born here to be an automatic citizen. Then the illegals came
by the tens of thousands. Suddenly our taxes went up to pay for free services; small apartments
are housing 5 families; you have to wait 6 hours to be seen by an emergency room doctor;
Your child's second grade class is behind other schools because over half the class doesn't speak English.
Corn Flakes now come in a bilingual box; I have to 'press one' to hear my bank talk to me in English,
and people waving flags other than ”ours” are squawking and screaming in the streets, demanding
more rights and free liberties.

Just my opinion, but maybe it's time for the government to take down the bird feeder.

Again, this is from 2016

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Maxine

Post by crfriend »

Uncle Al wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:11 amJust my opinion, but maybe it's time for the government to take down the bird feeder.
Or, maybe it's just time to understand and helplessly accept our fate as livestock being led to the slaughter by the billionaires whom we enriched.
Again, this is from 2016
It might as well have been from 1938. Or 1980, or 2000....
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Man.... I want to retire.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:50 amMan.... I want to retire.
Sorry, mate. Like the rest of us "little people", you're going to be working (or not) until you drop or starve.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Frankly I find the blatant attack on immigrants, the poor, repulsive and uninformed. Uncle Al, if you are worried about the "drain" from 'welfare' or even from 'welfare cheats' -- look at the real numbers -- the dollars involved in support of poverty in all of it's venues pales compared to the waste, scams, kickbacks, etc. in government and military contracting. And I won't attempt to address the values of diversity, but the repugnant White Supremist movement that proclaim WASP's know it all and cannot garner any benefit from wisdom of others is a large part of what is dragging the US down to where the country ranks well down the charts on almost any metric aside from the most number of billionaires (Robber Barons).
Just as an aside, look at the effects of the "Stimulus" payments; and some of the other countries attempts to protect "the economy" during the Covid crisis. What we may have learned is that a universal income that would help equalize access to the basics: Food, shelter, medical care -- rather than reduce incentive actually helped the economy and overall wellbeing. We need to find more ways to cooperate in this world, not always attack. I'm from the hippie era -- Make Love, not War -- you win more with honey than a flamethrower, try it!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:54 am
Sorry, mate. Like the rest of us "little people", you're going to be working (or not) until you drop or starve.
I'll be damned.... For when I grow up, I want to be a rambling hippy. Sometimes Jenn and I entertain the idea of just leaving it all behind. Jump in the car, head west, let our hair grow out, drink all the wine and smoke all the pot we want... I think I know enough of the scriptures to pass for a "Jesus freak" street preacher to score some scratch to live off of.

... and of course... wear all the boho hippy skirts I want... stained with dirt along the bottom hems, sandals and dirty feet, sleep in the deserts, and just generally be the kind of guy to make my family sufficiently ashamed of me, and irritate the hell out of the neo-cons... ! :lol:

Maybe, if we're lucky we'll happen upon a little commune of gen Z kids, and we can be the "wise elders" of their little group....

Good fun! Spiritually satisfying too!

Join us Carl! 8)

:flower: :flower: :flower:

-Moon Shadow... Flower child of the East Coast.... :alien:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Faldaguy wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:24 am We need to find more ways to cooperate in this world, not always attack. I'm from the hippie era -- Make Love, not War -- you win more with honey than a flamethrower, try it!
Hell, lets swing by and pick up Faldaguy too! We need us a bus.... :lol:

And I also want Jim and his wife along... no hippy movement is complete without a nudist or two....

No bad vibes allowed man...!
-Andrea
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

I need to "Set The Record Straight"
I didn't write this :!:
As someone else said, this could be written, and describing,
many points in history. I just thought that it was appropriate
for the times we're in.

That's All :!:

(I've got enough on my plate caring for my wife, in hospice care.
I don't like the sound of that but her progress is going in the
wrong direction :( )

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

It’s a polemic with racist overtones. Overly simplistic. I don’t think it’s appropriate at all.

It’s a bit like saying “ shoot all gun lovers, and then we’ll have peace”. Easy to say; pointless and irrelevant.

Al - I’m guessing that you’re frustrated and stressed. Stuff like this won’t help you.

I hope your wife’s okay. That’s the biggest concern for you, I would imagine.

Ray
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

moonshadow wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:59 am
Hell, lets swing by and pick up Faldaguy too! We need us a bus.... :lol:

And I also want Jim and his wife along... no hippy movement is complete without a nudist or two....

No bad vibes allowed man...!
Thanks for the invitation!
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Uncle Al wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:53 am(I've got enough on my plate caring for my wife, in hospice care. I don't like the sound of that but her progress is going in the wrong direction :( )
Good luck, Al. We're all pulling for the both of you.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Faldaguy wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:24 am Frankly I find the blatant attack on immigrants, the poor, repulsive and uninformed. Uncle Al, if you are worried about the "drain" from 'welfare' or even from 'welfare cheats' -- look at the real numbers -- the dollars involved in support of poverty in all of it's venues pales compared to the waste, scams, kickbacks, etc. in government and military contracting. And I won't attempt to address the values of diversity, but the repugnant White Supremist movement that proclaim WASP's know it all and cannot garner any benefit from wisdom of others is a large part of what is dragging the US down to where the country ranks well down the charts on almost any metric aside from the most number of billionaires (Robber Barons).
Just as an aside, look at the effects of the "Stimulus" payments; and some of the other countries attempts to protect "the economy" during the Covid crisis. What we may have learned is that a universal income that would help equalize access to the basics: Food, shelter, medical care -- rather than reduce incentive actually helped the economy and overall wellbeing. We need to find more ways to cooperate in this world, not always attack. I'm from the hippie era -- Make Love, not War -- you win more with honey than a flamethrower, try it!
Hey I have a legitimate question. I do not mean this as provocative in anyway, as I hate conflict. I agree the government waste a lot of money. They all have their hands in the corporate lobbyists pot making millions in kickbacks. The only way the government obtains money is from taxpayers and what little the corporations pay in taxes. So the stimulus was basically ours to begin with. How does giving us our own money back help the economy? Wouldn't it be better to not take it in the first place?
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

[/quote]

I'll be damned.... For when I grow up, I want to be a rambling hippy. Sometimes Jenn and I entertain the idea of just leaving it all behind. Jump in the car, head west, let our hair grow out, drink all the wine and smoke all the pot we want... I think I know enough of the scriptures to pass for a "Jesus freak" street preacher to score some scratch to live off of.

... and of course... wear all the boho hippy skirts I want... stained with dirt along the bottom hems, sandals and dirty feet, sleep in the deserts, and just generally be the kind of guy to make my family sufficiently ashamed of me, and irritate the hell out of the neo-cons... ! :lol:

Maybe, if we're lucky we'll happen upon a little commune of gen Z kids, and we can be the "wise elders" of their little group....

Good fun! Spiritually satisfying too!

Join us Carl! 8)

:flower: :flower: :flower:

-Moon Shadow... Flower child of the East Coast.... :alien:
[/quote]

My friend owns a CBD shop. He suggested I try a cookie with Delta 9 THC. I thought he was joking when he said only eat 1/4 of the cookie. I mean it is a chocolate chip cookie! Holy crap! I had to call my wife to come get me. The trees were talking! 18 hours later they still were!
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

Freedomforall wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:55 pm How does giving us our own money back help the economy? Wouldn't it be better to not take it in the first place?
The difference between the government spending it and not taking it in the first place is the distribution. Simply put, giving one person a million helps the economy less than giving 1000 people 1000 each. The latter also makes 1000 people happier rather than just one. Rich people do not eat or drink more than anyone else, in fact, probably less. Rich people tend to buy assets which just pumps money around but doesn't actually produce anything. In the extreme, maximum consumption would occur when everybody has the same income (which leads to the issue of who would produce all the things that people wanted to consume, and where the resources would come from).

I have respect for those that use their wealth to actually invest in new businesses, or do philanthropy. I just realise that it's a minority and that it doesn't come in the ballpark of the effect of progressive taxation and a social safety net. One of the primary purposes of government (here at least) is to redistribute wealth to increase overall happiness. There are of course endless discussions about how much and to to/from whom, but the basic idea is there.

I pay a reasonable amount of taxes here, but I don't mind. I know the people on the receiving end are putting it to much better use than I ever would.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

rode_kater wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:10 pm I pay a reasonable amount of taxes here, but I don't mind. I know the people on the receiving end are putting it to much better use than I ever would.
As for my taxes, I don't mind paying Virginia income or sales taxes, I do live here after all, and those taxes help to keep roads paved and schools funded.

The lions share of my income tax goes to the feds though. And at this point, all I see is my federal tax dollars leaving my region and being pumped into "red states" by his majesty, simply because he wants to give "blue states" the middle finger.

F--k him! I want my tax money back, it's not his, he didn't earn it, I DID! That's $3500 I could really use. Flump wants to run the government like a business, yet I don't have the option of taking my business ELSEWHERE. Because believe me, I would if I could. His Royal Highness doesn't pay anything.... why should I??

The only thing the federal income tax is good for is a tool for social engineering. "Do this.... or do that" and have so much of a tax credit.

B.S.!
-Andrea